PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Carbine

hennigm4
01-05-2013, 07:38 PM
I was visiting Gettysburg today and saw a Maynard carbine repro at the Gettysburg Sutler, those small shops back behind the hotel. It had 795.00 on it. Might be worth a look for anyone looking for a Maynard. They also had a Sharps carbine for 850.00. I cant tell you who made either one. Just an FYI.

Thanks,

Mike

RaiderANV
01-06-2013, 12:55 AM
The reproduction "Maynard" you saw was most likely a ramshorn with quality more geared for use by reenactors as they were first sold as smooth bores for reenactments. They have a rifled barrel now available.

hennigm4
01-06-2013, 07:53 AM
The reproduction "Maynard" you saw was most likely a ramshorn with quality more geared for use by reenactors as they were first sold as smooth bores for reenactments. They have a rifled barrel now available.

Raider, thats it. And now that you mention it I did not see any rifling in the barrel. I wonder if you can have it sleeved? In any case too light for me, I would not be able to hold it steady after a cup of coffe.

Thanks for the info.

Mike

RaiderANV
01-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Sleeving it would be far better then one of their rifled barrels. As for light ye only need to hold a Maynard as far out as your hand can reach and the shakes are solved. With long arms I've hand my gloves smoldering more then a few times.