PDA

View Full Version : Starting Off the New Year with ROUNDBALL moulds!

moosette
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Happy New Year Fellow Skirmishers! Hoping everyone had a relaxing, enjoyable holiday season...

We are gearing up for 2013 which proves to be an exciting and successful year! We are kicking if off with (3) new releases coming within the next few days... and, from what we hear, sounds like some of you folks just might be interested in Roundball Moulds??? ;)

Moose is tooling up for them, as well as the hollow-base designs that so many of you have asked for. The Priority of our "To-Do" List is based on which moulds skirmishers are looking for the most - so, we are asking this question of you:

"What diameter RoundBall moulds are you looking for?"

We have quite a list already, but wanted to make sure we dedicate our time to producing what you need - so please, feel free to take a moment and reply to this thread with your diameter of choice, and we will get them going!!

Thanks so much for your time, be sure to look for our new releases on this Bulletin Board and our Facebook Page!

Moosette (Sandy)
Operations Manager
Moose Moulds, LLC
moosette@moosemoulds.com (moosette@moosemoulds.com)
267-229-1676

Like us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds (http://www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds)

Maillemaker
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
I shoot .454s in my Pietta 1858 Remington. But my little Lee mold works fine so I don't imagine I'd be replacing it unless it broke for some reason.

However, I don't know of anyone making a more-than-two-cavity mold, which would be nice.

Steve

Edwin Flint
01-04-2013, 03:39 PM
.678 round ball would be nice.

iron brigade
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
.690 for the 1842"s. reamed bores that is.

Fauch125
01-04-2013, 05:29 PM
I have two Uberti 1858 Remingtons, accurized by Charlie Hahn. Because of the factory bore, he had to ream the cylinders out to .460. I had a hard time finding a mould, finally found a .464 that works. Other Uberti shooters might be having the same issue?

Wayne Shaw, 1985V
01-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Moosettte With all the Potsdam shooters now on the line .715 is a good bet. Thanks Wayne Shaw Harlans Light (damn yankee team):D

kowdok
01-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I have several SBs, several lined by Hoyt. I have found that the .478 mould is too large for the re-lines. I finally located a .675 Pedersoli mould that seems to be perfect, so my opinion is that a .675 mould is needed and would be appreciated. Thanks for asking.

kowdok
01-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Forgot to mention, my Lyman .678 ends up with an extremely large sprue which is very hard to get rid of with any consistency. My Pederloli produces a very small sprue that will disappear with simply rattling in a can. I would suggest working these up with as little a sprue as possible since this is much more important than rifle bullets. Thanks again.

iron brigade
01-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Forgot to mention, my Lyman .678 ends up with an extremely large sprue which is very hard to get rid of with any consistency. My Pederloli produces a very small sprue that will disappear with simply rattling in a can. I would suggest working these up with as little a sprue as possible since this is much more important than rifle bullets. Thanks again.

I currently use a Lee .690 mould for my '42 smoothie and there is hardly a sprue either. i just touch it up with a file then roll the ball on it about 10 times which makes for a very accurate ball.

MR. GADGET
01-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Forgot to mention, my Lyman .678 ends up with an extremely large sprue which is very hard to get rid of with any consistency. .

That can be fixed by decking the top of the mold.
Measure the ball as cast DIA then measure it on top of the sprue.
That will tell you how much to serface grind off the top to get it at the height of the ball.
You can pull or drill the stop pin and replace with a spring pin. The threads are deap enough that you will not need to rethread or do anything with the cutter screw.

On line with the OP.
I would like to see a 2 ball mold. 678 to 680.

Scott Kurki, 12475
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
1 - .683 softlead for me please.

moosette
01-14-2013, 02:43 PM
So after two weeks, your responses to this thread, private messages, posts on FB and emails have indicated roundball sizes ranging anywhere from .177 through .712.

Thanks so much for your feedback - looks like Moose is gonna be a busy man :D

Moosette (Sandy)
Operations Manager
Moose Moulds, LLC
moosette@moosemoulds.com (moosette@moosemoulds.com)
267-229-1676

Like us on Facebook!
www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds (http://www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds)