PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy original musket parts, 1816 Springfield.......................

Bigmon
12-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Wow!!! What a great site. My first time here. But I am a long time history lover, especially the Civil War.
Anyway, I just found a real nice US Springfield model 1816 musket with a lock and barrel stamp date of 1833.
It has the typical cone conversion on top the barrel and everything works fine.
Just missing a few parts and I would like to find originals if I can:
Rammer
Middle Band w/ Swivel
Middle Band Spring
Hammer Screw.
Thats it., all I need. Anyone have such things to sell or trade? Or know where to find I'd appreciate it.
longhunter@digitalrazor.net
or 724-235-1140
Thanks so much

gemmer
12-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Wow!!! What a great site. My first time here. But I am a long time history lover, especially the Civil War.
Anyway, I just found a real nice US Springfield model 1816 musket with a lock and barrel stamp date of 1833.
It has the typical cone conversion on top the barrel and everything works fine.
Just missing a few parts and I would like to find originals if I can:
Rammer
Middle Band w/ Swivel
Middle Band Spring
Hammer Screw.
Thats it., all I need. Anyone have such things to sell or trade? Or know where to find I'd appreciate it.
longhunter@digitalrazor.net
or 724-235-1140
Thanks so much

Lodgewood Mfg. www.lodgewood.com (http://www.lodgewood.com)
Ed Knisley 717-741-2556

Blair
12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Bigmon,

One important point, perhaps, you should be aware of is that the M-1816 variants do not fall into the concept of interchangeable parts systems.
Lodgewood and S&S Firearms both offer original parts... but, I would recommend you have the firearm with you when you start checking available parts. It may help save you some bucks in the long run.
Just a thought on my part.

RaiderANV
12-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Since your profile only gives a user name its hard to know where on this planet you are so we can direct you to the best parts dealer. As Blair said the parts weren't held to any uniformity so it less likly to just order parts and have them fit. Also if there are several of each part that will work you want to choose those that match the rest of the muskets finish. Call Lodgewood at. 262-473-5444 and begin your quest. Pretty sure tbey will have the largest selection followed be s&s If they have that which ye seek you'd be far better off sending the musket so the parts can be fitted and finish match as best as inventory allows.

jack 8thVirginia
12-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Here's the link to my 1816 middle band I posted in Sept. this year.

http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/showthread.php?5821-FS-Original-1816-Springfield-Middle-Band-with-Sling-Swivel&highlight=1816+middle+band

Brad, I checked and I also have the original 1816 band spring.

Jack