PDA

View Full Version : Parker Hale mainspring

BestFoot74
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM
Anyone have said mainspring? What is a good replacement?
thanks

B-Davis
12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
I am right there with you! I also am in need of a mainspring and tumbler for an English P-H. If you know of leads, let me know!

Blair
12-19-2012, 12:18 PM
If you can find them, the EoA Enfield mainspring is often quite close.
Some fitting may still be required. It is always a good idea to have your parts with you for comparisons.
Hope this helps,

B-Davis
12-19-2012, 01:05 PM
Thank you! That will be a big help, now I just need to find either an orginal or P-H tumbler.

Blair
12-19-2012, 01:13 PM
The tumblers will interchange as well. However, you will need to order a new hammer screw to go with the tumbler.
The screws will not interchange.

BestFoot74
12-19-2012, 03:47 PM
These folks were real good to me. They are a class act. And have a good inventory of euro arms. But I still humbly beg for parker Hale mainspring!
the euro is very close.
Boyd

Kace
12-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Lodgewood Arms is the place for parts. They have a huge inventory and many PH parts in stock.

http://www.lodgewood.com/

Kace

RaiderANV
12-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Unless you havs the experience of fitting/ working the lock your best bet is to call Lodgewood first262-473-5444 then mail it to them. They will fit the parts to your lock from everything they have in stock. I have seen differences from batch to batch in parts.

Muley Gil
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't have the spring you need, but how are things in downtown McCalla? I worked in Bessemer for 23 + years.

BestFoot74
12-20-2012, 10:44 PM
Hello Gil! things are OK, not great. McAdory won 2nd place in the 5A football playoffs. Spanish Fort whipped them pretty good with coach Mark Freeman who had coached at Bessemer Academy for 10 years prior.
The auto suppliers are doing good, Johnson controls (plastic), Gestamp,( welded metal), Office Max, Home Depot and Dollar general warehouses among others, are doing good. Sweatshops really, 10 to 13 dollars per hour.
No more iron and steel from that great Red Mountain that led to the settlement of our area. Service, medical and auto support industries.
I worked at Tannehill Historical Satate Park last 2 weeks doing a civil war presentation for 2nd graders from many local schools, I enjoyed it and i believe some of the children took something away pertaining to what a typical soldier of the day would have endured, ate and was equipted with.
Merry CHRIST mass,
mike boyd