PDA

View Full Version : Goex: Olde Eynsford

Bob Lintner
12-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Goex planning to release new match grade black powder sometime in 2013. Will be called Olde Eynsford. 1 1/2F. 1 lb plastic cans. "Ideal for cartridge and round ball competitors who demand precise shot placement at long distances", per Tim Vaitekunas C.O.O. at Goex. Saw this in Black Powder Cartridge News, Industry News column, Winter 2012, Vol 80

Ken Hansgen, 11094
12-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Bob, Should one read that as 1-1/2F or 1 pound cans of 1F and 2F? (Never heard of 1-1/2F, but suppose it is possible.)

John Holland
12-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Ken, if you go to http://www.blackpowderva.com/ you will see 1 1/2 F Swiss powder.

JDH

Mike McDaniel
12-19-2012, 07:46 PM
Yup. The European designation is Swiss #4 powder. Their designation system works opposite from our FFFF system.

Bob Lintner
12-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Ken,
As a couple of guys have already noted, it's 1 1/2F and it comes in 1 lb plastic cans. I don't know when it will be available or at what price. Maybe Jackie at Back Creek gun shop could lend more info. I think this powder is supposed to compete with Swiss. To All, Have a Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Bob

Southron Sr.
12-24-2012, 07:09 PM
I remember the "old days" when the only powder available was DuPont. Then when the DuPont plant blew up, Curtis & Harvey powder imported from Scotland began showing up on the shelves of dealers. Personally, I liked Curtis & Harvey powder because it fouled less than DuPont and the accuracy of my rifle musket seemed to improve a tad. I noted that during the Late Unpleasantness Between the States, the Confederacy imported Curtis & Harvey powder. Unfortunately, after the DuPont plant began producing powder again, Curtis & Harvey powder disappeared.

Today we are luck in the fact that we have several excellent brands of black powder to choose from.

I welcome the new GOEX powder and I am sure that a lot of Skirmishers will buy it!