PDA

View Full Version : KIK Powder

B-Davis
12-18-2012, 03:47 AM
Good Evening!
To keep in practice over the winter, I traditionally go to "Woods Walks" for some shiloutte shooting with my rifled muskets. I have some other shooting buddies who go with me. I am the person who makes the ammo for all of us. In payment of making ammo, my shooting partners traditionally buy me 5 lbs. of powder every season. For the past couple of years they have bought me GOEX 3f. This year, they bought me 5 lbs. of 2f KIK. (The one friend works for a coal mining company and gets a discount. The company has switched powder suppliers.)
With that being said, any thoughts on KIK powder? I have never used it and I am curious as to how it works with our rifled muskets. I have looked at other sites, and roundball shooters seem inconslusive about thier results. Thoughts?
On a diffrent note, I am also in desperate need of a tumbler and main spring for an English made Parker-Hale! Anybody have some new "old-stock" or spare parts? I have been putting out an exhaustive search and am coming up short. ARGH!
Thank you for any thoughts or suggestions.....

Bryan Davis

Bob Lintner
12-19-2012, 11:06 AM
Hi!,
KIK 2F is about equal to Goex 3F. KIK is a cleaner burning powder than Goex. It will work in muskets as well as Henry rifles. Use the same volumn as Goex. Every gun is a little different so you may have to adjust the powder charge. Hope this helps. Bob