PDA

View Full Version : Parker/Hale front sight-trigger

Bullseye54
12-13-2012, 05:41 PM
I have a 2 band Parker Hale and Musketoon that i would like to do the
front sights and the triggers.. What is the best way to tackle these two? Where can I
get the frt. replacement sights to do the job?? ...
Cheers,
Joe, 15th CVI..

Muley Gil
12-13-2012, 08:18 PM
Lodgewood has 'em.

R. McAuley 3014V
12-13-2012, 09:29 PM
While Lodgewood may have a replacement front sight, do you want to change out the front sight on your existing musket and carbine or simply modify what is already installed? How much taller a front sight blade do you need -- a couple of millimeters or half an inch? Actually, there is a method for raising the front sight blade but without requiring any modification to the existing sight base and blade, and is completely reverseable. It all depends on how high you need to raise the front sight blade? The type replacement front sight bases that Lodgewood sells requires a dovetail slot to be cut in the barrel, then soldered in place once you have sighted in the gun, and is not reversable.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/rmac1023/sight_zpsf3ede513.jpg

About your trigger. What exactly do you want done? If it is a lighter trigger job you want, I would recommend contacting Rob Lewis with Tri-L Machine Works. He does excellent work on rifles and pistols, and has a sutler booth at the National. Rob typically sets the trigger pull for about 3.5 to 4 pounds, which may as well be a 'hair trigger' compared to the 14 lbs that most original Tower muskets had. You may have to learn how to shoot all over again! Or like many others here, you can tackle it yourself.

RaiderANV
12-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Joe,Lodgewood's number is262-473-5444.I shipped all the Maynard and smith cases out today. =)

Blair
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Joe,

Just from my own prospective, I would suggest improving your trigger pull first.
Once you have this where you feel comfortable with it, them think about what you might need to do with the sights.

Bullseye54
12-15-2012, 01:05 AM
Geeezzz, I have a ton of good advise, maynard and smith brass coming.. Powder and lead, I might actualy have to shoot all these gun I've been screwing with for years...
Crap then I will have to clean them!!
Thanks for all the advise boys..
Best, Joe 15th cvi

Lou Lou Lou
12-15-2012, 08:24 AM
JoeWhere are you located?

Bullseye54
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
Howdy Lou,
I'm in Seymour CT..
I went to couple of spots where I use to hunt and plink, Dang if there aren't
new houses at almost all the spots I know.. If no houses, No Trespassing sighns.. I
guess i'm just getting old... I borrowed a old bore sighter, hope they will be close anyway..

JoeWhere are you located?

Lou Lou Lou
12-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Sent you a PM