PDA

View Full Version : Arms approval replacement cards

fuddster
12-08-2012, 01:09 PM
I was transiting through London (yeah...the British one, not the one in Kentucky) a few months ago and discovered my wallet that contained (in addition to cash and credit cards) my small arm approval cards (damn Brits!). Anyway of getting these replaced without going through the inspection process again?
Thanks,

Fudd
7238V
Sherman's Bodyguard MW

rachbobo
12-08-2012, 01:49 PM
I was transiting through London (yeah...the British one, not the one in Kentucky) Fudd
7238V
Sherman's Bodyguard MW

Be careful about what you say about London KY, that's where I was born, Marymont Hospital.
Then out to the family farm outside of Marydell.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

fuddster
12-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Be careful about what you say about London KY, that's where I was born, Marymont Hospital.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

Bill - got no issues with London KY...didn't have my wallet end up missing there :)

John Holland
12-09-2012, 09:26 AM
Fudd 7238V -

Yes, you can get replacement SAC cards, if you can tell us what the arms are and approximately when they were inspected.

Please contact me direct through the email address listed for me in your recent Skirmish Line magazine.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, N-SSA Small Arms Committee

rachbobo
12-09-2012, 05:55 PM
[QUOTE

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

Bill
Did they put you to work right away or did they wait a couple of years.[/QUOTE]

Ron,
Us true hillbillies love it when people make comments like that. The more we are depicted as inbred halfwits, the better we like it.
That's because that's the less likely that city folk will be tempted to move here and ruin the little piece of Heaven we live in.
No offence offered or taken.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

Eddie Bruner, 12222
12-09-2012, 08:31 PM
My thoughts exactly. Stay away from Kentucky, keep right on driving from Yankee land all the way to Florida. Nothing to see here, move along.:D:D

-Eddie

Muley Gil
12-09-2012, 08:43 PM
Bill
Did they put you to work right away or did they wait a couple of years.

Ron,
Us true hillbillies love it when people make comments like that. The more we are depicted as inbred halfwits, the better we like it.
That's because that's the less likely that city folk will be tempted to move here and ruin the little piece of Heaven we live in.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles[/QUOTE]

I live so fur back in the hills, even the Presbyterians handle snakes!

John Holland
12-09-2012, 08:53 PM
Gil...Now that's funny right there!

JDH

rachbobo
12-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Ron,

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

I live so fur back in the hills, even the Presbyterians handle snakes![/QUOTE]

Stop by Jolo West Virginia, it has one of the last snake handling churches in the country.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

John Holland
12-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't like anything that has got too many, or not enough, legs! The only snake you'll ever get me to handle will be the one on a British belt buckle.

JDH

rachbobo
12-10-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't like anything that has got too many, or not enough, legs! The only snake you'll ever get me to handle will be the one on a British belt buckle.

JDH

How about a Hoop Snake ?

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

John Holland
12-10-2012, 07:34 PM
It ain't got enough legs!

fuddster
01-01-2013, 05:11 PM
Fudd 7238V -

Yes, you can get replacement SAC cards, if you can tell us what the arms are and approximately when they were inspected.

Please contact me direct through the email address listed for me in your recent Skirmish Line magazine.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, N-SSA Small Arms Committee

John,
I'll do that shortly...thanks for the info.

Bill Brim
7238V
SBG

Southron Sr.
01-01-2013, 06:25 PM
I still think it would be a good idea to have a "N-SSA" Inspector's Cartouche (identical to the cartouches applied to original Civil War U.S. arms after they passed inspection) made up SO IF THE OWNER OF THE ARM REQUESTED IT, the stock of an arm "Approved" by the SAC could be stamped with the cartouche.

I am sure most Skirmishers would prefer this, and find it much more convenient, than the card system we have in use now. An additional bonus is that future collectors, a century from now, would know that the arm had passed inspection and had been used in N-SSA competition.