PDA

View Full Version : NSSA approved Pedersoli Sharps

johnefelts
12-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Just received from Cabelas today a 1859 pedersoli sharps carbine NSSA approved,boasts a new breech design that has less gas leakage, well see.Really nice finish on this rifle and since it is NSSA approved im going to have to find a unit to join, except Im in North Dakota and dont believe any units are out here,Ive done research and find that Sully was stationed out here during the civil war and fought battle at the killdeer Mtns and the Badland war, of course that was against the Sioux, does that count as legit Civil War units.

John Holland
12-04-2012, 06:38 PM
johnefelts - Are you talking about forming your own new unit?

JDH

johnefelts
12-04-2012, 09:24 PM
johnefelts - Are you talking about forming your own new unit?JDH "John i dont know that sullys 1st minnisota volunteers in north dakota would qualify,and if it did im not sure id have enough intrest to form a unit.

Dan Mastin
12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
When I lived in South Dakota, I shot on a team with Lois and Troy Beckner from Aberdeen. We called ourselves the 1st US Volunteers and were part of a loosely organized CW shooting organization made up mostly of teams from Wisconsin and Minnesota. This was in the late 80's to mid 90's but as far as I know Troy and Lois are still in Aberdeen and woud be good folks to help get you started. Sorry I do not have their contact information anymore.

Good luck

Dan Mastin
11th Indiana.