PDA

View Full Version : Smoothbore plastic travel case

Robt. Propst
12-01-2012, 07:31 AM
I bought a smoothbore travel case for my '42 some time ago. A friend here in Kabul bought a really nice jezail and is looking for a long case to ship it home. However, i am here, my case is home. Could someone help me with a link or location for the smoothbore length plastic travel case? Would certainly appreciate it. On another note, 1LT Parker Propst, B CO, 2nd BN 502nd INF, 2 BCT, 101st ABN, departed Afghanistan for home today after a tour with a training team in Nangahar Province. Older brother CPT Spencer Propst now commands B CO, 3rd Squadron, 8th Cavalry, 3rd BCT, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood Tx. Regards, Bob

rachbobo
12-01-2012, 07:55 AM
Do you think removing the barrel, making it shorter would work. It probably would fit in a standard rifle case.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

Muley Gil
12-01-2012, 10:16 AM
When I was in that sandbox, I sent two Snider-Enfields and two Martini-Henrys home. I had a local build me a wooden shipping case with 2"x4" and plywood. It was heavy, but I had no damage to the four guns. I was required to ship them registered mail, which involved covering the cases with brown paper and sealing the seams with brown paper tape. The postal clerks then had to go over and stamp the seams. It reminded me of securing evidence during my cop days in the States. It will take a while to get them ready.

May the Lord watch over you and your loved ones while all are in harms way.

Robt. Propst
12-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Gil, I have had to do the same with a number of Khyber Knives I sent back. Mailing tube (triangular) type works well, but you gotta do the paper wrap and stamp thing. I just figured the large smoothbore case would be a cheaper, safer alternative. He's not In a hurry. Thx, bob