PDA

View Full Version : Potsdam parts

kowdok
11-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Anyone have any idea of who might sell internal lock parts for a Potsdam? Thanks for any help. I mainly need a bridle right now, but the sear is iffy.

John Holland
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
That's probably going to be a "tall" order!

The reason is that even original parts from the same arsenal won't interchange. The best I've ever been able to do is weld up what was broken and carefully refit it back to what it was before it broke.

JDH

rachbobo
11-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Kowdok,
Contact me on the side at

rachbobo@frontiernet.net

and we can talk about fixing you up.
I have been hand building my own locks for years and this sounds like a challenge to me.

Bill Cheek
Cockade Rifles

Ron/The Old Reb
11-28-2012, 09:18 AM
Try the Rifle Shop
http://therifleshoppe.com

Eggman
11-28-2012, 12:13 PM
This string opened and intense discussion here. The issue is: Assuming the Potsdam is a smoothbore, is God causing these mechanical difficulties to try to save these poor souls from the miseries of shooting a smoothbore, or is He punishing them for their foolishness for even thinking about removing these obamanable guns from the "not ever to be fired" rack and firing them. PJ, you have a strong theological background, what's your opinion on this?
Oh, of the Potsdam is a rifle, never mind.

Lou Lou Lou
11-28-2012, 01:02 PM
We lost the regional bulletin boards because of gibberish. We dont want the cyber campfire doused.

R Filbert
01-25-2015, 10:17 AM
Hey guys- Not rocket science I can make the parts needed to build a nice musket if you would like. Ask Jack Harper about his lock, Same details a busted bridle and sear - fixed both parts for him at a reasonable hand made price, another happy skirmisher! PM me if you want to fix it.

jack 8thVirginia
01-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Robert did a great job! Handmade a new bridle and welded a new end on my sear in a reasonable time frame. Lock works great!

Jack