PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Walter Clarke

oscarlovel
11-24-2012, 01:53 PM
Recently bought a Zoli Mississippi that had a SAC Card and belonged to Walter Clarke. Does anybody have a means of contacting him. I'd like to get some background on the rifle and the previous owner is in Boise, ID. Figure Mr. Clarke could answer my questions. Thanks.

Walt Clark
11-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi I am Walter Clark.I sold a Mississippi to gentleman in idaho.

oscarlovel
11-24-2012, 10:05 PM
Would like to know about the rifle. Is it glass bedded? I ask because I could not separate the stockfrom the barrel. Also, do you recall your load data and sight settings-- bullet preference? Different load for 100 yd vs 50 yd? My email is oscarlovel@gmail.com. Would appreciate any info you could supply. Thanks.

Walt Clark
11-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Hi Clint. Sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to you...just haven't had the chance.

I bedded the barrel and the lock bolts and tang bolts were pillar bedded. Should be 3.5 - 4 lb trigger pull. Did a trigger job...I polished and think I jeweled the lock and some other work (can't remember exactly what). I used the Hodge .575 with 45 gr FFF Goex and shot 1 inch group at 50 yd, 2.5 inch group at 100 yd. Sites--low setting for 50 yd and one notch up for 100 yd.

Great little musket--only used it for about half a season--the length of pull is too short for me and I wasn't really comfortable.

Hope this is helpful. If you have any other questions--don't hesitate to ask. My email is wdmclark@yahoo.com

Walt Clark
4th VA Inf.