PDA

View Full Version : Fifth V irginia Vol Inf: History of battle around Appomattox

Jerry Sciortino
11-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Gentlefolk:
In order to finish my next novel, I need some accurate details pertaining to the 5th Va. Inf. at their last engagement of the enemy at Appomattox: Their location, placement, details about any small hand-to-hand fighting and something of the Union forces they faced at that battle I don't need a lot of information. The story follows a fictional character who was injured there and subjected to treatment at a field hospital. Since the 5th Va was the unit of choice in FOR THE WANT OF A MUSKET, it's only right that they're represented at the end of the sequel too! Please drop me a line if you would like to help "flesh out" the story. Thanks a lot! :D
Jerry Sciortino

thirdwinchester
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
There is a regimental history of the 5th by Lee Wallace Jr. but it /does not give a whole lot of info about the end of the war. There were only 47 men left at that time.

W. Huffman
11-25-2012, 07:14 PM
Here is a web page with a little info for you hope this will help http://5thvirginia.webs.com/history.htm