PDA

View Full Version : Who makes the best?

Nikkisdad
10-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Thinking of purchasing a springfield 1861 or 1863 zoave. My question is who are the best manufactures of these rifles? I have a shiloh sharps 1874 sporter #1 and I know it is the best available. I like good fit and finish as well as good trigger and so on. Please reply with your valued opinions. Thank You

Nikkisdad
10-25-2012, 08:23 AM
I am not in a big hurry to purchase just yet and will give your offer consideration. I would like more detail, who is the manufacture, bore twist rate, any accesories go with it, pictures would be great also. Are the sites tuned for yardage, how about the trigger pull wieght and so on. I am the type of person very hesitant purchasing used (just me). Fill me in with as much info as you can and I will make purchase determination from all you have - thanks...Manny;)

David Disher 12143
10-25-2012, 08:44 AM
Manny:

While purchasing used items overall, Caveat Emptor is always in the back of people's minds. However, in purchasing from this community, you can be pretty darn sure that if a skirmisher is selling a gun that they state is a shooter, and the work has been done on it, you can place a lot of faith in that. Sure, be careful, ask questions...if you aren't getting the answers you need, ask if you can try the gun on a trial basis...anyone selling a "tuned" gun should be happy to allow the proof to demonstrate itself.

These are a great bunch of shooters, and their interest is to make sure you are happy with the gun, and enjoy the sport as much as the rest.

Ddisher
110thOVI

Nikkisdad
10-25-2012, 09:55 AM
David, thank you for your reply, now I need to hear from Harry...regards Manny

Lou Lou Lou
10-25-2012, 12:57 PM
Harry is a straight shooter. Ethically, at least;)