PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Loading Tool

Brownie 12th U.S.
10-23-2012, 09:51 PM
I have heard tell of a Maynard loading tool, but I have never seen one. Please share what you know of this odd critter. I'd like to own one if it will help me shoot better. OK, I'd like to own one. Please tell me what you know.

RaiderANV
10-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Don't know how I got alone without it the first 25 years. Oh wait...... I had one custom made in had to use in a bench loading press. The original Maynard loading tool was a one piece brass loading tool where you placed the bullet on top of the case and pushed tool down over it. The new stlye two piece tool is way neat, you place the body of the tool down over a case with powder in it then put the bullet in the top of the tool. The second piece of the tool pushes the round into the case nice and square with the case.The neat part is the pusher is the same did.as the cases are when first made. You can use the pusher to reform dented cases. Plus......if a case is slightly enlarged and the round loose you can stick the loaded round in the other end of the body of the tI got mine at Lodgewood 262-473-5444 so I have no input on any others, if any marketed out there.ool and tap the case into the tool a tad to crimp/tighten the round in the case!