PDA

View Full Version : Great customer service from Dan Whitacre !!

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
10-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Just would like to mention that great customer service I have received Dan Whitacre of the Whitacre Machine Shop. I ordered a M1861 rifle musket barrel with sights 2 weeks ago, and the barrel was delivered to me less than one week later.With a little minor fitting the barrel was put on my original M1861, and the rear site leaf replaced with one that had a peep in it [thanks for both to Mike Rouch]. Saturday I took the rifle musket to the range and it broke birds at 50 yards without me having to make any sight adjustments at all. Needless to say I was pleased and intended to send Dan an email telling him so. However that very Saturday evening my cell phone rang, and to my surprise it was Dan, just calling to check to see if I was pleased with the barrel. Now that is what I call superior customer service !

fullertc
10-23-2012, 10:47 AM
Phil, I'm planning on building an artillery model out of a cut down Bridesburg and will either have the old bbl stretched about 4" or order a new one. What bullet and powder charge are you shooting? Thank you.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
10-23-2012, 11:09 AM
Tom,

I shot both the RCBS "Monticello" bullet and the Lyman .575213 OS sized to .576. Both bullets performed well. Powder charge was 45 grains of 3f by weight. Lube was SPG with no addtional lube in the base. However I did not shoot the M1861 at 100 yards, I plan on doing that Friday and will report back in how it performs with the above loads.

Phil

ms3635v
10-23-2012, 02:59 PM
Tom,

I am shooting an RCBS 500M in my Whitacre Zouave barrel with 45 grains of 3f and it shoots very well.