PDA

View Full Version : 500 maynard brass fer sale

RaiderANV
10-20-2012, 05:34 PM
I have approximately 220 full capacity with about half unfired and the rest fired 2 ta 4 times each.
Price is $1.75 each. They are running 2.65 now new.

I have approximately 380 reduced capacity with them split about 50/50 being fired either 3 ta 4 times each and 7 ta 9 each.
Priced the same as above.

ALL CASES WILL BE TUMBLED AND CHECKED THROUGH THE SIZING DIE WHETHER THEY'VE BEEN FIRED OR NOT.

I'LL HAVE THEM WITH ME NEXT WEEKEND @ THE HALLOWEEN SKIRMISH.

Also have a few hundred black plastic ones fired a few times still like 95% condition.

What is it about posting from a smart phone that makes it all one long run on sentence?!?!? When I tried to edit it,,,,it did it again? Above is how it should have ran.

Brass is about 50% spoken for so far

Eggman
10-20-2012, 08:36 PM
PJ -- what happened? Did you fall off a ladder? Did you dive into an empty swimming pool? Did you get brain fever? Did Norm abscond with your wife? If you need help buddy just holler! Obviously you're not in your right mind.
Eggman
Jim Van Eldik
7786 (v-less)
LCMS

RaiderANV
10-21-2012, 11:03 PM
Eggs,,,,,,,Buddy,,,,,,, naw,,,, nut'n wrong with me. I'z jus' up in church week fer last and they got ta goin' over those seven deadly sins ya know. An that part they got ta explaining about that HOARD'n part. Well,,,,you know,,,,I gots ta thinkin' if'n I'ma sittin' on ah huge pile of GOD's FAVORITE carbines and whatnot, Well that jus' might not sit well with the Big Guy. So i'ma turning what I don't need loose on those in need. SORTA LIKE NORM!!

Introducing the new NORM!!
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/hand-gestures/praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif
MAYNARD CARBINE

I still have plenty so don't fret none. One son has big shooting ah year now. Another of my sons and my nephew just joined this Nationals under the 15 month rule,,,, KUDOS to whoever thought that rule up!!! <snicker> An on top of that my daughter has been following me to the last three shoots griping about she's way cuter and I should have started her shooting before the boys. I have enough Maynard's and brass to go around. It's the casting and loading 700 FRIG'n rounds if we all go to a shoot that sucks I told her. So I come home from shooting this Saturday at the Stonewall skirmish at the Fort and she's cast up 2000 Maynard rounds( 6 cavity mold) and 500 musket. Didn't have the heart to tell her the musket rounds were fer ah mold I don't use anymore. So come spring I'll have my own MAYNARD carbine team. <GRIN>

By the way,,,,, the wife would'ah beat him down with ah starr carbine as we keep one by the door ta run the dogs and cats off the front porch chairs then prop the door open with it.

norman horne, 12321
10-22-2012, 04:55 PM
Now Pat. You know that as soon as she learned that I was a "Sharps kinda guy", she would've welcomed me in with open arms! BTW, did you take my suggestion and take a Sharps to the skirmish this week-end so you could pick the team of your choise to shoot with?

RaiderANV
10-22-2012, 11:42 PM
Naw.........weren't dragging no sharps around A team snagged both me, my son and our Maynards up. I should have stayed home with the pain a was in with my lower back and could hardly walk. But,,,,,I love to shoot and spend time with my kids. A did have trouble with the Maynard Norm!!! I cheaped out and put a repro mainspring in my shoot and it went soft tbree shots into the bird board. I had to fire 3 of 4 times before the cap would fire yet the ol' Maynard tuff'd it out for 28 for 34 on the day. Only a Maynard will fergive ya like that Norm!!!Plus I had to use it three times as ah cane to get me back to my chair.And I'd like to add what a GREAT skirmish the 5th Virginny put on! Those that missed it missed a GREAT time.

norman horne, 12321
10-23-2012, 05:36 AM
Glad your shoot turned out well, with your troubles. I know your pain; have a herniated disc in the L4/L5, plus arthritis in the lower back. Glad you get to shoot with your kids. I only got started in this game in 2007; both girls grown, married, etc.

Come on down to Statesville the week-end of Nov. 9-11. It's gonna be a "good show". Later, Norm.

Paul L
10-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Hey Pat,

What Maynard tubes do you have left?

Paul
15th Virginia Cavalry

RaiderANV
10-25-2012, 10:20 PM
I have dug out a few hundred more to fill the orders so far,,,,,,think I have around65 reduced left.