PDA

View Full Version : Skirmish Ready J P Murray - Sold Pending Funds

threepdr
03-10-2009, 09:49 AM
Reduced from $375 to $350

Ready to take to a match. Glass bedded and tall front sight added. The lock had been smoothed up and has a crisp release. I have also partially "authenticized" the gun in accordance with the description of the originals in Murphy's "CS Carbines" book. The blue has been removed from the barrel and CS inspector stamps addded to the breach and screw heads. The sling swivels have been riveted on as per originals. I have not had a chance to remark the lockplate.

The carbine shoots to point of aim at 50 yards and it likes a heavy style bullet such as the Lyman 575213 sized to .576. It also shoots a LEE traditional style minnie unsized very well. I just moved up to a Smith so don't need two carbines. $350 plus $20 shipping. Photos at the link below. Email directly if interested at threepdr@bellsouth.net

http://news.webshots.com/album/570327337NZuSfw

sutlerjim
03-10-2009, 11:34 PM
OMG I see we are in the same foxhole...
Need a hired hand? I may be "available" if they continue to ship my jobs to foreign lands...I be a good Archeologist and have been a history buff for most of my lifetimes :) Have some items from Francis A Lord....
well take care....Payment plan posible? I pay, you keep rifle till all paid???

threepdr
03-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Forgot to mention.

The carbine comes with a Confederate sling and a brass front sight protector.

Thanks!

threepdr
03-17-2009, 01:48 PM
BTT because of price change