PDA

View Full Version : Need 1861 Lockplate +

RangerFrog
09-25-2012, 11:09 AM
A non-N-SSA friend is rebuilding/restoring a family owned 1861 Springfield. He needs the complete lock, the barrel bands, one barrel band spring, and a ram rod. Any ideas where I can look for them? I'll be @ Fall Nationals if there is anyone on Vendors' Row if that would be a good place to work. Also, any idea what I should tell him this kind of stuff will cost? I've been working with mostly repro stuff to date. These do not have to be pristine parts as the original was pretty poorly treated and stored for a long time.. he just wants good, serviceable parts without a lot of pitting and corrosion.

TIA ~ Froggie

Bruce Cobb 1723V
09-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Charlie, You just needed to ask. Got everything but a couple of the bands. Can he use a cut original ramrod? The full length originals are pretty pricey. Send me a PM. See you at Yecks. Ill be open Wed night about 6. Your Maynard buddy, Bruce

RangerFrog
09-25-2012, 12:18 PM
Sounds good, Bruce! I'm planning on leaving after my last class of the week (Thursday morning @ 9:15 AM) and should be there by about 1:00 PM with any luck. I've gotta go right to work on the revolver range then, but I'll see you as soon as I get off there. Oh yeah, I'm bringing more Journals as tribute. ;)

Froggie