PDA

View Full Version : Need FFL at eh Fall Nationals to transfer a Henry

RSiegel
09-24-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm selling a Uberti Henry rifle to a skirmisher at the Fall Nationals. Since we live in different states, Federal law requires that we transfer the gun through an ATF FFL. Would someone at the Nationals, with an FFL, agree to transfer the rifle. Thanks.

Rich Siegel
Sherman's Bodyguard

Muley Gil
09-24-2012, 08:47 PM
IIRC, the FFL holder needs to live in the same state as the purchaser.

craig stanley, 4661
09-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Gil, no longer the case with long guns (living in same state) they removed even the adjoining state law, i.e. I have (and can) sold long guns to residents all over the US in person, but that is selling here in PA where my license is so I know how to do it. I have not worked with out of state NICS units though. So because the transaction is taking place in VA I think it may be best to do clearances through VA NICS with a VA FFL and I think they are computerized submissions now (not positive though), might make it tough :o

Michael Bodner
09-04-2014, 09:01 AM
IMHO, since you'll have to pay the FFL dealer a small fee, you might as well ship the darn thing to the buyers home state dealer. Overnight shipping. If the accepting dealer will take it from an individual (rather than another dealer) you'll save a few bucks too at the sending end.

jonk
09-04-2014, 09:10 AM
I went through this last year when I was buying my Henry; at the time the adjoining states thing was still in force at least for transfers. We were going to drive up to Berkley Springs (I'm from OH, so WV is fine) but in the end I just had him mail it to my local FFL.

Aren't laws a pain?

Jim Barber
09-04-2014, 07:39 PM
Hey, the laws work! Case in point: when was the last documented crime committed with a Henry?

Res ipso ridiculoso! <-- I made that up myself!

Jim (who now feels safe from the marauding hordes of Henry shooters...)

R. McAuley 3014V
09-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Hey, the laws work! Case in point: when was the last documented crime committed with a Henry?

Res ipso ridiculoso! <-- I made that up myself!

Jim (who now feels safe from the marauding hordes of Henry shooters...)

With the proliferation of Italian replicas it won't be for long. A Winchester bank was robbed in the late 1970s by two armed robbery suspects who stole the revolvers from the Euroarms' warehouse in Winchester that had been returned due to defects, and the revolvers weren't even loaded at the time of the robbery. All the teller said was that they saw someone with a gun pointed at them and responded to the robber's demand. But using an unloaded revolver is one thing, using a sawed off air rifle is another:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/AK1201/S00353/manurewa-rifle-used-in-supermarket-aggravated-robbery.htm