PDA

View Full Version : SAC Card

William Schoenfeld, 1386
09-24-2012, 09:41 AM
I recently acquired an original 3 band Springfield and replaced the barrel with a Hoyt barrel. Jim Wyatt reworked everything on it and now it is shootable. Since all of the parts are original except for the barrel do I need to get a SAC card for this.

Thanks
Dutch Schoenfeld
Mosby's Rangers

John Holland
09-24-2012, 10:22 AM
Dutch -

You have replaced the original barrel with an approved barrel. By the Rules, you do not need a SAC approval for replacing the barrel with a production approved barrel. What I would suggest is to just make sure you have the correct sights, in the correct location.

I have noted that you recently attempted to send me a PM, and the account was full, so it rejected your PM. I think I have that cleaned up again. This is an all too common occurance as fills up about every other week. The email system works much better for me.

John

Maillemaker
09-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Hi John,

In many VBBS-style systems, you can disable private messages if you would rather not receive them, and go with email only.

Steve

John Holland
09-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Thanks, Steve. All N-SSA memers receive the Skirmish Line magazine, which has my email address listed in every issue. I leave the PM system active for those non-members who are a bit reluctant to post some things on the BB. I receive about 850 Small Arms emails annually.

I know getting to the Nationals presents problems for you, but if you can ever do it you will absolutely love it!

John

William Schoenfeld, 1386
09-24-2012, 05:06 PM
John,
Not a problem on the PM issue but I want to thank you for your response. I am sure the sights are all correct since Bobby Hoyt put them on but I will bring it by for a look see.
Dutch

Blair
09-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Dutch,

Your suggestion for SAC approval is simply a good idea.

Steve,

Get yourself to a Nationals, when you can.
As John suggests you simply wont believe it.