PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Henry for Sale

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-22-2012, 01:44 PM
NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

Uberti brass frame Henry for sale in 45 Colt. Taller front sight blade added so that 50 and 100 yard adjustments can be made by simply sliding the elevator up and down. Gun is in excellent condition and has been shot with black powder only once. It is an absolute tack driver with 10.5 grains of Accurate #5 and Lee .452" truncated cone bullet. Feeds beautifully with this bullet. Should shoot well with about 24 grains of 3f Goex. I've never had time to use it in competition, so it's only been shot with smokeless powder. Very lightly used.

bobanderson
09-23-2012, 07:36 AM
I was under the impression that private sales of long arms between individuals do not require the services of an FFL holder.

That's only when you need to ship it.

Sam Sellaro, 12403
09-23-2012, 07:47 AM
I think that it is a state law but i have been wrong before. WV does not require them on a person to person.

Kurt Lacko 7862
09-24-2012, 05:35 PM
http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-15.pdf

The wording in the above publication uses the reference "Firearm" without distinction to long or short. I believe the allowance is that each persons state recognizes the other states laws and that "over the counter sale" and "transfer" have the same meanings and its a rifle and/or shotgun. If the states laws vary, I think it has to go via an FFL to the purchasers state. Sounds like fun doesn't it.

sharps1863
09-24-2012, 07:38 PM
If the rifle is sold and shipped out of state. The buyer will have to furnish a copy of his or a transferring dealers 001-FFL and if using a transferring dealer the buyer will have to make sure his dealer will accept from a non-dealer. If not, the seller will have to get a FFL dealer to ship to the buyers dealer. That is usually the best route to go anyway. Dealers to Dealer does not run into the hassles that shipping yourself does. It seems that these shipping places don't know their own rules and sometimes don't want ship the item for you especially if you insure the item. Because you have to state what is being shipped and if you tell them it is a firearm, some of them freak out. If selling Face to Face the seller will need to know his state laws because they are all different.