PDA

View Full Version : Front sight for Smith

LawnJockey
09-20-2012, 09:00 PM
I am looking for a higher front sight for my Smith. I would prefer a finished product, not a blank, as I am not the most skilled guy with a file. Anyone know who carry's them?

Thanks

Jack C., 69th NY
09-20-2012, 11:09 PM
S&S Firearms has brass blades for Smith front sights. I got one for a teammate last week. Just tap out the original blade with a brass rod or pin and tap blade in. Fit is perfect. It took 2 minutes. You will need to file to sight in. No talent needed for filing, just protect the barrel finish.
Call Phil Siess @ 718-497-1100

LawnJockey
11-22-2012, 06:16 PM
I have been distracted by hunting season however I am still in need of the higher front sight. In regards to my skills with a file it would be criminal for me to attempt it myself. Does anyone carry anything other than the brass blanks that need to be shaped?

Frog
11-23-2012, 07:47 AM
Filing on the replacement blanks is only to adjust elevation after install. The Smith front sight blanks I have installed have been direct replacement with no fitting other than height adjustment. Just keep taking one swipe with the file at a time on the top of the new blade as you shoot until you get to the desired point of impact.