PDA

View Full Version : Sharps gas check removal issues

jonk
09-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I have a Pedersoli Sharps that I got off of a fellow board member and skirmishing team mate. Each time I take out the sliding chamber sleeve gas check, it gets harder and harder to do. Right now I'm using a compressible rubber thingamabob he made up but it is not long for this world... it has a few cracks in it.

1. What is the proper tool, and where can I get one?
2. After each shoot I promptly remove the check... however that involves degreasing and beating on my cleaning rod with progressively heavier hammers. After cleaning and drying I always coat it in high pressure synthetic grease, but it is just binding up something fierce. Any suggestions?
3. What lubricant should I use in particular? I am going to try some bull plate sprue lube on it next... can't do any worse than what Iv'e been using.

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Contact Charlie Hahn, He can help you with your Sharp's issue.

Charlie Hahn
410-208-4736

Charlie Hahn
09-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Here is my web sight, charliestubes.com. There is some information that to ponder, please call with questions

Charlie Hahn
410-208-4736

ian45662
09-04-2012, 02:26 PM
I will tell you right now whatever may be wrong with your sharps Charlie can fix it. Mine runs like a champ all day and the sleeve comes out with no problems. He installed a solid block and split sleeve in the chamber so the "O" ring is protected from hot gases

Ron/The Old Reb
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
I coat it with Antiseize, comes out easy every time. You can buy it at an auto parts store.

johnefelts
09-07-2012, 04:41 PM
I have a Pedersoli Sharps that I got off of a fellow board member and skirmishing team mate. Each time I take out the sliding chamber sleeve gas check, it gets harder and harder to do. Right now I'm using a compressible rubber thingamabob he made up but it is not long for this world... it has a few cracks in it.

1. What is the proper tool, and where can I get one?
2. After each shoot I promptly remove the check... however that involves degreasing and beating on my cleaning rod with progressively heavier hammers. After cleaning and drying I always coat it in high pressure synthetic grease, but it is just binding up something fierce. Any suggestions?
3. What lubricant should I use in particular? I am going to try some bull plate sprue lube on it next... can't do any worse than what Iv'e been using.

I have the Pedersoli removal tool I can send you for 25.00 bucks, I dont need it after Charlie Hahn fixed mine.

Runs.for.beer
09-07-2012, 06:33 PM
If the OP takes a pass, I am very interested in purchasing the tool.Thanks!

gemmer
09-08-2012, 08:16 AM
If the OP takes a pass, I am very interested in purchasing the tool.Thanks!

If you can't get that one, I have one available. Same Price

Duane

Runs.for.beer
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
If you can't get that one, I have one available. Same Price

Duane

PM Sent . . .

jonk
09-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I have the Pedersoli removal tool I can send you for 25.00 bucks, I dont need it after Charlie Hahn fixed mine.

I think I can do that. PM sent.

jonk
09-17-2012, 03:04 PM
For those interested, I tried the Bullplate sprue cutter lube. Just like on the molds, a drop is more than enough; no more stuck chamber sleeve. In fact it popped right out with a bent over screwdriver, requiring no pounding.

I never found the need to use the stuff on my mold sprue cutters personally, though I do on the alignment pins. Now another use for it... and the company is out of business so if you don't have it, that's that. The 3 bottles I have should last a lifetime even so.