PDA

View Full Version : Tang Sight Problems

johnefelts
08-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Ok for several months I could not figure out why my peep on the Tang was always blury and today I had the rifle setting level and I realized my tang wasnt true vertical, I moved it forward maybe 5 degrees to what looked more vertical and,Wow!!! no more blury tang sight, so my question is this.My tang isnt top of the line market sight, you know wife and four kids a dog and two cats limit the budget.Mine just locks into place with a leaf spring that a slot on the bottom of the tang has, are there any tricks that I can use to make it go to more true vertical? I thought of tossing the spring and using some sort of screw that could losen and lock it to were I wanted marking the base and tang at true vertical or filing a new groove or slot in the tang, Any thoughts?

John Bly
08-07-2012, 09:18 AM
You could try filing a slotted hole in the spring to move it enough to get the sight to stand up vertical. Once you get it vertical, tighten the screw and it should hold. You could also file the notch in the sight stem but getting it right would be much more critical.