PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Remington revolver

Damon
07-15-2012, 11:46 PM
Hi all, just wondering if the Pedersoli's Remington is an approved arm? If not would you mind me asking what the short comings are?

Thanks,
Damon

hp gregory
07-16-2012, 07:47 AM
most repro revolvers that i see are made pretty good these days. that comes from the factorys using cnc equipment to make parts that are are very consistant. however most repros seem to have chambers in the cylinders that are a little small in dia. this causes the ball to be sized smaller that the grove dia of the barrel. it also seems that a good percentage of remingtons dont line up as good as they can. another problem associated with remingtons is the quality of the internal parts. most are soft and wear quickly. all that being said it would seem that most shoot decent enough for skirmishing. with a trigger job along with a forcing cone and crown job as well as reaming the cylinder to take a proper size ball they can shoot very well.

hp

Mike McDaniel
07-16-2012, 08:22 AM
I've shot a Pedersoli once. They aren't N-SSA approved simply because Pedersoli hasn't submitted the gun for approval. I have no doubt it would pass easily.

That being said, I thought the gun was excellent. Good chamber alignment, and the basic trigger was good (though improveable). Once IFG starts importing them in quantity, I would not be surprised to see more of them on the line.