PDA

View Full Version : doc hughs and his magic elixor

hp gregory
07-09-2012, 03:04 PM
im sure most of you remember doc hughs and how he would ride up and down the line in his golf cart offering bandaids and a friendly word. im also sure you remember that bucket of ice with his magic cooling solution. well doc lives on. a few weeks ago i asked for his formula. a number of you were kind enough to pass it on to me. it has been a life saver here at work. it has also been a life saver for a lot of folks round these parts that have been without power since the storm. i have given a rag soaked with it to anyone who would take it. i also passed along the formual. i hate to think how many gallons of that stuff has been made in the last two weeks. its gotten hard to find witch hazzel here localy. i think doc would be pretty happy to know that hes still helping folks even after hes moved on to his final reward. some folks just stay with you even after they are gone.

hp gregory

Ron/The Old Reb
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
Friends come and friends go. Some remain in your memory long after they are gone and some do not. But Doc is still vividly in my memory. I often think of the good conversations that Doc and I had siting on the porch of the hospital. And how good it felt when he would come up behind and throw that cold wet towel over you head.
Rest in Peace old friend.