PDA

View Full Version : Zoli Front Sight Height

mb3
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
For you guys shooting the Zoli Zouaves with the high front sight; could you please measure the height from the top of the barrel for me? I ordered a front sight from Lodgewood several months ago and I guess they are not in stock yet (wonder if they ever will be in stock) so, I have decided to make one. Thanks.

Larry Hoover 09585
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Try S & S Firearms. www.ssfirearms.com

Larry Hoover 09585V
Lancaster Fencibles

mb3
07-06-2012, 06:56 PM
Thank you. I will contact S&S.

Eggman
07-07-2012, 10:59 AM
Height from top of barrel to top of sight is seven-sixteenth inches.

mb3
07-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Height from top of barrel to top of sight is seven-sixteenth inches.

Thank you, I am considering making a new front sight out of a dime.

Eggman
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
As I recall I used a nickel. Gives you a little slack for windage adjustment by filing on the flats. You might probably also need to add a little to the height for elevation adjustment. I thinned it a bit before installation into the base so it would not require such a hemongous arroyo for the sight to sit in. When you silver solder it in be sure to use paste flux with your silver solder. Back to fiddle practice.

mb3
07-08-2012, 02:00 AM
As I recall I used a nickel. Gives you a little slack for windage adjustment by filing on the flats. You might probably also need to add a little to the height for elevation adjustment. I thinned it a bit before installation into the base so it would not require such a hemongous arroyo for the sight to sit in. When you silver solder it in be sure to use paste flux with your silver solder. Back to fiddle practice.
Thank you.