PDA

View Full Version : Postal Pants

Fearless Frank
06-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Where do you get those sky blue chinos I see some of the teams wearing?

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
07-01-2012, 10:56 AM
what size do you need I think I have 3 pairs that are hardly used.

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
Talk to Ronnie Schuessler (Eric's better half) of Sherman's Bodyguard. She made a pair of them period correct for me.

Ron/The Old Reb
07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
The Post Office has a catalog that they order them from. They may let you bower it. Our local office let my son use theirs to order from. If not, stores that sell uniforms sell them or can get them for you.

mississippian_1861
07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
Postal Pants?

Why get those when there are dozens of sutlers who sell reproduction trousers, ranging in quality from spot on reproductions to cheap kinda-sorta. But even those are better than modern pants.

M. Latham
07-02-2012, 04:29 PM
15.10 TROUSERS
Trousers should be patterned after the original regulations or be of a pattern known to
have been used by the military organization. The use of suspenders is permitted provided
they are similar in appearance to suspenders of the period and worn in the same manner.

Mark Latham, Uniform Committee Chairman.

Tom Magno, 9269V
07-02-2012, 04:41 PM
I too, have several pair available - at least two never worn, and two slightly used but more than serviceable. What size(s) are you looking for?

Maillemaker
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Thank you Mark!

Steve

Muley Gil
07-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Rules state:
15.10 TROUSERS
Trousers should be patterned after the original regulations or be of a pattern known to
have been used by the military organization. The use of suspenders is permitted provided
they are similar in appearance to suspenders of the period and worn in the same manner.

Mark Latham, Uniform Committee Chairman.

Belt loops didn't show up for many, many years after the War of Northern Aggression. Neither did polyester.

Fearless Frank
07-06-2012, 09:36 PM
I know the uniform rules but many teams from Potomac don't observe standard pants & besides I was looking for info on postal pants.

Ron/The Old Reb
07-07-2012, 08:04 AM
I know the uniform rules but many teams from Potomac don't observe standard pants.

I don't think that Pickets men were wearing Nike and Rebock sneakers either. When they charged Cemetery Ridge.

M. Latham
07-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Frank,

What unit do you portray?

If I can be of any help in finding trousers that are more accurate, and can be comfortable for you to wear, please let me know.

What many teams do or should'nt do is not at issue. The rules are as written and were voted on by the member teams, they should be followed.

They are as valid as the rules for small arms or any other part of our association.

Thanks,

Mark