PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Shiloh 1863 Sharps Carbine

Zsdad
06-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I need an 1863 Sharps Carbine, and since I'll only buy American made arms my choices are limited. Good thing Shiloh makes the highest quality reproductions. Please contact me at jpcoldiron@gmail.com

Jim Wimbish, 10395
06-13-2012, 09:18 PM
Would you please specify caliber, 50 or 54, condition, and a price range. Also a lot of our guns have an o-ring modification for competition. What do you plan to use this gun for?

John Holland
06-14-2012, 12:02 AM
Shiloh is tooling up for a run of carbines right now for the first time in a couple of years. Maybe you should call them?

JDH

Mike McDaniel
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
If they are gearing up for a run, I might call them.

John Holland
06-14-2012, 10:06 AM
My understanding is if you want to get an order in to Shiloh you will have to do it very quickly.

JDH

Sam Sellaro, 12403
06-14-2012, 09:53 PM
I spoke to them today and you are correct they are getting started.

mike davenport
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
My understanding is if you want to get an order in to Shiloh you will have to do it very quickly.

JDH

John
Could you detail the "options" that folks would need to include to make a N-SSA Legal carbine if some one was to special order one of these?
Thanks
Mike

mike davenport
06-15-2012, 11:02 AM
My understanding is if you want to get an order in to Shiloh you will have to do it very quickly.<BR><BR>JDH<BR><BR>John<BR>Could you detail the "options" that folks would need to include to make a N-SSA Legal carbine if some one was to special order one of these?<BR>Thanks<BR>Mike<BR>

John Holland
06-15-2012, 07:34 PM
OK, Mike.

For a Shiloh Sharps Carbine to be legal and approved for use in the N-SSA the following is required:

Model 1859 - Requires a Patch Box and a Saddle Bar & Ring. This is the configuration that was given N-SSA Production Approval.

Model 1863 - Requires only the Saddle Bar and Ring. No Patch Box. This is the configuration that was given N-SSA Production Approval.

1859 Navy Model - This version only requires the Patch Box. No Saddle Bar and Ring. This configuration does NOT have N-SSA Production Approval. BUT, you can get an Individual Approval for it.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee
N-SSA

John Holland
06-16-2012, 09:59 AM
In retrospect, perhaps this is the time to remind everyone that the Shiloh Sharps Rifle is only N-SSA approved WITH a Patch Box. Shiloh considers the Patch Box to be an extra feature, so you have to specifically order the the Patch Box to be added on.

So, if you either buy off the secondary market, or order a new built, Shiloh Sharps Rifle, make sure your Sharps Rifle has the required Patch Box! The Shiloh Sharps Rifle without a Patch Box will NOT be given an Individual Approval by the Small Arms Committee.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee
N-SSA

DAVE FRANCE
07-18-2012, 06:17 PM
Unfired. Made by Shiloh at Farmingdale, NY plant about30 years ago. 20 inch barrel stampedwith wolf head. Percussion carbine thatmust use paper cartridges. Perfectcondition except for a few very minor dings in the stock. Very nice stock, bluing and casehardening. The last time I looked these carbines are listed at$1,800 by Shiloh plus $121 for the saddle ring bar and ring that are includedon my carbine.

I have pictures I will email if requested.

I will take $1,750 and I will pay postage and insurance.
Call or send message if you are interested.
David France
214 799 8227
dave-france@live.com