PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Arms Sharps Carbine

rwb1050
06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
For sale: Garrett Arms Sharps Model 1863 Carbine (percussion) with the Sharps primer feeding system. Made in Italy. This carbine is in amazing condition and appears to be un-fired.

Frank Garrett was one of the early N-SSA skirmishers. He was buddies with Val Forget, Brannen Sanders, Bill Edwards and the other guys that went to Italy and started the reproduction business. His main products were various Sharps versions. I know some of the M-1859s had all the primer parts in the lock, when most of the other repro Sharps did not, and if I remember right, they had chrome bores. His quality was pretty good compared to the other Italian repros. Garrett Sharps are still prized by the skirmish shooters. He passed in the late 1970s or early 1980s.

Photographs are available upon request. Asking price is $1,300 plus shipping

Willing to consider trades for an original Springfield or Harpers Ferry.

Contact me at rwb@aol.com

John Holland
06-09-2012, 12:23 AM
At the last Fall National, October 2011, Frank Garrett was alive and quite well, as he and I had a nice conversation together. Frank is still alive, but not well at this time due to a fall with ensuing dire complications.

And, yes, his reproductions are the only ones ever done with a functioning Lawrence Pellet Primer mechanisim.

JDH

nightstalker
06-09-2012, 07:15 PM
PM sent on Garrett Sharps