PDA

View Full Version : Looking for my Dads Gallagher Carbine.... He sold sometime in the 80's

RaccoonRough Spence
05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
Hello,

I know this is a complete shot in the dark.........but here it goes.

My Dad, Jerry Spence was a member of the 6th Alabama "Raccoon Roughs" from 1969 until his passing in September 2011. Here is a link to his
memorial page with some pictures. http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/showthread.php?4302-Jerry-Spence-6th.-Alabama&daysprune=-1

When I was a young man I used to play with an original Gallagher carbine that he owned. I know he had it in the early 80's but he sold it sometime before 1989 or so. I have no idea who he sold it too.

I feel fairly sure it was a skirmisher. Dad knew alot of people in the N-SSA. I thought if I posted this someone might see it and tell or ask around to others and try and help me locate my Dad's Gallagher carbine.

I would love to find out who bought it from him. If you think you might know who he sold it too please drop me a line and give me some leads.

Thanks
Spence

Muley Gil
05-29-2012, 07:50 PM
Spence,

I can't help with the Gallagher, but I remember yore daddy. I spoke with him a time or two at the old campsite.

I was drawn to the Roughs 'cause when I did the search for my Southern ancestors, I found out that my great, great granddaddy was in the SECOND Company I of the 6th Alabama Infantry Regiment. The 6th was reorganized and Co C, my GGGDaddy's outfit, became CO I. So, while he wasn't a Rough from the Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee area, he did serve with 'em.

bilge water bob
05-30-2012, 05:47 AM
you don't happen to know any particulars about the gallagher do you? serial number or any physical marks?

RaccoonRough Spence
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
Spence,

I can't help with the Gallagher, but I remember yore daddy. I spoke with him a time or two at the old campsite.

I was drawn to the Roughs 'cause when I did the search for my Southern ancestors, I found out that my great, great granddaddy was in the SECOND Company I of the 6th Alabama Infantry Regiment. The 6th was reorganized and Co C, my GGGDaddy's outfit, became CO I. So, while he wasn't a Rough from the Alabama/Georgia/Tennessee area, he did serve with 'em.

Thanks for your reply. Stop by anytime and chat.
Do you have any pictures of your ancestor, I would be interested in anything you have to share.

Spence

RaccoonRough Spence
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM
you don't happen to know any particulars about the gallagher do you? serial number or any physical marks?

I donot have the serial number.
I do remember that it was in almost new condition back then. I remember very nice wood and very nice case color on the receiver and patchbox.

Thanks for your reply.

Muley Gil
06-01-2012, 08:10 PM
No, no pics have turned up.