PDA

View Full Version : Additional Muskatoon Accoutrement

Eggman
05-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Though most of us have gone the breechloader route for the carbine competition, I noticed at this past national that there are still significant numbers of muskatoons on the line. While observing a Northern blue clad team on our flank last Saturday, I noticed that a muskatoon shooter was habitually whacking his neigbor to the rear in the unmentional area with his bayonet scabbard each time he bent over to ram down his load. This was causing considerable discontent and a significant degradation of morale on the part of the aforementioned Yankee. This is obviously a safety hazzard as well as a hazzard to the planned projected addtional progency desired for the growth of the Association.
I would propose two possible solutions: that muskatoon shooters always be required to post themselves on the far end of the team -- i.e., right handers on the far left end of the line, and vice versa for the lefties of course. Or, as an alternative solution, the Association might require that each muskatoon shooter provide a protective cup for the person to their immediate rear.

MR. GADGET
05-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Though most of us have gone the breechloader route for the carbine competition, I noticed at this past national that there are still significant numbers of muskatoons on the line. While observing a Northern blue clad team on our flank last Saturday, I noticed that a muskatoon shooter was habitually whacking his neigbor to the rear in the unmentional area with his bayonet scabbard each time he bent over to ram down his load. This was causing considerable discontent and a significant degradation of morale on the part of the aforementioned Yankee. This is obviously a safety hazzard as well as a hazzard to the planned projected addtional progency desired for the growth of the Association.
I would propose two possible solutions: that muskatoon shooters always be required to post themselves on the far end of the team -- i.e., right handers on the far left end of the line, and vice versa for the lefties of course. Or, as an alternative solution, the Association might require that each muskatoon shooter provide a protective cup for the person to their immediate rear.

You sir, have way to much time on your hands.....

Lou Lou Lou
05-23-2012, 06:34 AM
AMEN to that!

Ron/The Old Reb
05-23-2012, 09:25 AM
OMG
Something else to carry in your shooting box.

Paul Lampman 263V
05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Maybe we need a new rule that gives a whackee a free whack to a whackor in the whacking place of his or her choice.;)

Lou Lou Lou
05-24-2012, 06:41 AM
This is getting way too, Whacky