PDA

View Full Version : Cadet rifle and smooth bore

red leg
02-17-2009, 11:24 PM
I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE WHO IS SHOOTING A REPO CADET RIFLED MUSKET OR A CADET SMOOTH BORE. WHAT CHARGE AND BULLET ARE YOU SHOOTING AND RESULTS . AND WHO MADE YOUR CADET. i really like the look and feel of the cadet and would like to get one. Ken

Jim Brake 3587
02-18-2009, 06:56 AM
Mike Jordan has a Cadet Rifle Musket For sale on the Board. Its a super nice Cadet with almost all original parts and a Weiss barrel. I built the rifle for him last winter. His dad also shoots a Cadet and they would have all the info you would need. Mike's musket shoots great but the pull turned out to be too short for him..........Jim Brake\

Charlie Haun has a nice Cadet Smoothbore for sale the last I talked to him

John Holland
02-18-2009, 10:10 AM
Ken, and others,

I think what we have here is an Apple and an Orange!

In reading Ken's post, he specified a "Rifled Cadet", which would correctly be a 1851 Model Cadet that had been rifled after having been produced as a smoothbore. This arm is essentially a 7/8ths scale 1842 Model Musket. The trigger pull on an original is 13", and the barrel length is 40".

The Cadet Jim is refering to is a Model 1858 Cadet. This arm is basically a full size Model 1855 Rifle Musket from the nose of the comb to the 1st barrel band. From the 1st band forward the arm is 2" shorter. The trigger pull on an original is 12 1/2", and the barrel is 38".

John Holland
SAC

Charlie Hahn
02-18-2009, 10:21 AM
I am currently producing both the smoothbore and rilfed 1851 cadet. I have one of each, both spoken for you can see. Both are approved by N-SSA. I can be reached at 410-208-4736 or etb9601@aol.com

Charlie Hahn