PDA

View Full Version : Guns for sale

Steve Weems
04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Have to thin out some of my accumulation of firearms as I can't resist acquiring more! several as follows:

1. Navy Arms 1863 Springfield by Miroku--these have the reputation of being closer to the originals than the*
** *italians--$425.00 plus freight. *No sight modifications--shootable bore.

2. Original Lorenz Muster 1854--Hoyt reline to .54 caliber--original Long range sight was missing so I replaced it
** *with new repro and installed all brass Lorenz type repro ramrod. Stock has been repaired in the past and had
** *Lodgewood work the lock to make it practical to use. *$700.00 plus freight*

3. Erma Werke Galagher--Hoyt relined to .50 cal and still uses the brass cases --over 100 cases come with it.
** *Good condition--most of the bluing on the barrel has been wore off or removed by previous owners.*
** *I have not shot it but so don't know the best bullet to use out of the many .50cal available to black powder
** *shooters.

If anyone is interested then I will see about getting some picutes out.----Steve Weems

oscarlovel
04-16-2012, 11:49 AM
So how much are you asking for the Gallagher?

Steve Weems
04-16-2012, 01:21 PM
Clint--Must have been having a Senior Moment--The Gallagher is $700 plus freight--Steve

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
04-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Steve,

Can you send me some photos of the Austrian?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

pspaugy@aol.com

oscarlovel
04-16-2012, 02:26 PM
Clint--Must have been having a Senior Moment--The Gallagher is $700 plus freight--Steve

Steve,

Please send some pictures of the Gallagher to me at oscarlovel@gmail.com Thanks.

101stmp
04-16-2012, 06:12 PM
Pics of the 1863 to skidoo5150@yahoo.com is still avaible.

Steve Weems
04-16-2012, 06:31 PM
I will be sending out pictures of the firearms to those that have requested them as soon as I can--if mine don't come out
then I will get my much more talented daughter to take some--Thanks for the requests--Steve Weems

Walt Clark
04-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Please send pics of the Springfield to wdmclark@yahoo.com

Thanks

Walt Clark
4th VA Inf.

Pat in Virginia
04-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Please send pics of Lorenz to phwatson@earthlink.net

Thanks

Fortitudine
04-18-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for pics in advance

Fortitudine
04-21-2012, 10:37 AM
3. Erma Werke Galagher--Hoyt relined to .50 cal and still uses the brass cases --over 100 cases come with it.
** *Good condition--most of the bluing on the barrel has been wore off or removed by previous owners.*
** *I have not shot it but so don't know the best bullet to use out of the many .50cal available to black powder
** *shooters.

Is this configuration legal to shoot in the N-SSA?
Or for that matter, what Erma modifications are legal...both caliber and case styles?

Originally,I was surprised that Erma's were allowed at .54, as that exceeded the +/- allowance of variance from original bore size.

Steve Weems
04-21-2012, 12:25 PM
[QUOTE=Fortitudine;21965]3. Erma Werke Galagher--Hoyt relined to .50 cal and still uses the brass cases --over 100 cases come with it.
** *shooters.

Is this configuration legal to shoot in the N-SSA?
Or for that matter, what Erma modifications are legal...both caliber and case styles?

Originally,I was surprised that Erma's were allowed at .54, as that exceeded the +/- allowance of variance from original bore size.[/QUOTEIf you*

If you go to the Approved Firearms list on this site you will see that the Erma *Werke Gallaghers are on the list--The relines by Mr. Hoyt
are approved and have been used in NSSA competition. The reason they were approved is that other than the caliber they were very*
close reproductions of the originals and at a time when reproductions were scarce. You don't have to make any modifications to the original*
Ermas but many shooters preferred the traditional style rifling instead of the micro groove rifling that the Erma's came with.--Steve W.

Steve Weems
04-21-2012, 11:20 PM
The Navy Arms 1863 Springfield has been sold and waiting on receipt of funds.---Steve W.

Steve Weems
04-23-2012, 10:58 AM
Answering all the questions on this made me want to play with it some more--so I'll keep it for now.
This is one model that needs a good book!!

oscarlovel
04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
Sent you an offer via email.

Clint Lovell
oscarlovel@gmail.com

Steve Weems
04-24-2012, 01:12 AM
Gallagher is sold pending receipt of funds----Steve W.