PDA

View Full Version : Armi Sport Sharps

david eye 10882
04-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Have a new Armi Sport 54 Caliber Sharps. Has had the O Ring job done. Whenever I put the cap on, it seems as if the hammer will not go down all the way to the cap.Sometimes it might go off on the first pull, sometimes it takes three pulls for the cap to go off. I have not really ever worked on a Sharps, Any suggestions?

Blair
04-08-2012, 04:32 PM
How well does the center of the face of the hammer line up with the center of the nipple/cone?

david eye 10882
04-08-2012, 06:33 PM
the hammer is center of nipple the hammer has some play in it

Charlie Hahn
04-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Sounds like one of two things, both cause the top of the Nipple to be below the down position of the hammer.

First take out the nipple and check the length from the shoulder to the face of the nipple, should be about .450 long. If it is short you can add a washer to make up the difference and test. When the block is in the up position with the hammer down, when lowering the block the hammer should drop down about 1/16 of an inch. If this corrects the problem, buy a TRESCO Nipple to replace.

More complicated issue, the link may be worn. To do a quick check, cycle the block to the up position with the hammer at half cock. try and push the block up and down, if it moves more than a 1/16, you will need to see if the link screw is worn, or the hole in the link is worn, in either case if you have this condition, you will need to either bush the link, (two places) check again, and if you are still short, with a correct nipple, will need a new link, and maybe one custom made.

Usually the nipple is the cause, but I have had to fix three that where worn that would not set off a cap.

Charlie Hahn

Scott Sites
04-10-2012, 03:44 PM
You may also want to check and see if the hammer is striking the side of the receiver. I have a new armi sport also with the same issue and I had to grind a little of the receiver down to let the hammer bypass it. After this was done no more cap problems so far. Goodluck

david eye 10882
04-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Hey Charlie who sells the tresco nipple

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
04-11-2012, 08:05 PM
[QUOTE=david eye 10882;21728]Hey Charlie who sells the tresco nipple[/QUOTE

David,

The Possibles Shop has them. My original Sharps uses the 5/16 x 24. I don't know what the ArmiSport size is. Here is the link to their page. Hope this helps you.

http://possibleshop.com/s-s-nipples.html

david eye 10882
04-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Found the problem i was useing wingless cap they are a little longer went on perfect but not all the way down on the nipple thanks for all of your help allen

Fauch125
04-11-2012, 10:06 PM
Charlie Hahn just clued me in that the armisport sharps will take a standard 5/16- 24 tresco nipple. He suggested enlarging the hole in the cone to 1/16. The slightly longer nipple will take the wingless caps, the ampco bronze should hold up longer than the factory armisport nipples, and I won't have a problem like a recent local match where my brand new armisport factory cone had too small a hole for reliable ignition. Plus, I had to put the armisport cones in a drill press and sand and polish them a bit so the caps wouldn't stick. Never had that problem with the Ampco bronze cones.

Charlie Hahn
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Reply to source for TRESCO Nipples, I am a dealer for them, I have limited stock most of the time.

Charlie Hahn

david eye 10882
04-12-2012, 09:33 PM
hey Charlie
i will bring the sharps to nationals. and i will get nipples will pick up 3 thanks allen