PDA

View Full Version : Sharps vs Maynard-2nd round

kowdok
04-01-2012, 07:06 PM
The 2nd round shoot-off is much more respectable for our Maynard shooters. 4 Maynards had 49 hits=12.25 hits per gun. 3 Sharps shooters had 40 hits=13.33 hits per gun. Egg had to be dropped from the competition because after 1 event he switched to a Smith. He did very well after changing to the Smith, but a Smith doesn't qualify in a Sharps, Maynard competition. Sorry Egg! Next report not until spring Nats. Stay tuned!

ian45662
04-01-2012, 10:14 PM
Will all the hits be added to a total average?

Lou Lou Lou
04-02-2012, 06:36 AM
Who was the illustrious personage who fanned this rivalry? Inquiring minds want to know.

kowdok
04-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Can't say, but he must have "EGG" on his face.

Lou Lou Lou
04-03-2012, 06:43 AM
"Eggs-actly" what I was thinking. I bid $100 Federal cash for his non functioning Maynard. :D

kowdok
04-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry Lou, I've got in a bid of $100 Confederate dollars on it. As the value of the US dollar comes down, the value of the Confederate dollar is constantly on the increase, there's a good chance that we "The South" will win eventually. Just in case that really happens, you are always welcome down here Lou.

Eggman
04-03-2012, 02:40 PM
During that 38NC skirmish I received a text message from Luigi Pietta, to wit, "Macaroni spegattori amure fusilette Smithitorri agonotis humongus. Toratelli funchinni bullitini Maynard poopretti. Smokoretti enti clayoretti pigeoni." So of course I switched to the Smith and kicked butt.

Lou Lou Lou
04-03-2012, 03:04 PM
EGG
Good to hear that you are shooting a Smith and doing very well. The question as originally posed by "He Who Will Not be Recognized" was that Maynards were better than Sharps per se. I don't believe that the firearms change. I believe it is the loose nut behind the butt plate that causes the inaccuracy.

Eggman
04-03-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure who the reference is but I have a high regard for Sharps when they go off and when they don't hang-fire and when the breach doesn't freeze up. I have an "evolved" Sharps, the Spencer, which feels like a Sharps, but is completely (S&S) reliable and very (Hoyt) accurate, but without the Rube Goldberg sealing mechanism.

Eggman
04-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Another quick comment - we Carolina Region folks again enjoyed the company of the 110th Ohio, some fine and gracious folks whom as we all know are some of the N-SSA's deadliest shooters. I'm not certain but while again the Ohioans took the musket match, I believe the Iredell Blue A team managed to edge them out in the carbine. Yeah and that was with Little Kowdoc the Picture Hanger and Norm with their Sharps.

Lou Lou Lou
04-03-2012, 06:12 PM
The Blues are doing a Great job. A year ago you swept your class in Revolver Carbine and Musket. I predict great things coming their way.