PDA

View Full Version : Forged main and sear springs for springfields

Charlie Hahn
03-28-2012, 09:11 AM
Available at the Spring National I will have US Made forged steel main and sear springs to fit original and most reproduction Springfield type muskets. These springs are custom made to provide 10% increased power through the hammer stroke making for a faster lock time and seal on the nipple. Lab tested to low temperatures so you don’t have to worry shooting in the cold. These are a match grade with a traditional fit, and are high quality with consistent spring rate and dimensional sizing part to part. Minor fitting maybe required.

Mainspring $35, sear spring $8

Charlie Hahn
410-208-4736

John Holland
03-28-2012, 09:23 AM
That is great news Charlie!

Do you have any plans for expanding the line of mainsprings to include the 1855 tape locks and Mississippi Rifles?

JDH

Charlie Hahn
03-28-2012, 11:03 AM
Hi John,

I have to see how this goes. Tooling is not cheap, and I can only fund a few projects each year. I would look at the Zouave locks next, as they have the weakest springs, and nothing close to standard.

Charlie

John Holland
03-28-2012, 11:54 AM
Thanks, Charlie!

See you soon,
John

Damon
03-28-2012, 09:39 PM
Hi John,

I have to see how this goes. Tooling is not cheap, and I can only fund a few projects each year. I would look at the Zouave locks next, as they have the weakest springs, and nothing close to standard.

Charlie
Hi Charlie,
would the Zouave lock springs fit the reproduction Mississippis as well seeing the reproduction Mississippi locks are basically a Zouave lock?

Damon

Lou Lou Lou
03-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Great! See you at nationals.:p:p:p