PDA

View Full Version : .50 cal Maynard Brass fer sale

Mike M
03-25-2012, 12:02 PM
All ITEMS have been SOLD

Thank you for your interest.

For sale - 125 used .50 Caliber reduced capacity Maynard Brass Casings.
I also have 20 new .50 Caliber full capacity Maynard Brass casings (5 were used one time only) and the brass seating tool.

Asking $225.00 and I'll pay shipping and throw in the cartridge holders and 2 boxes.
:cool:

Mike McDaniel
03-25-2012, 12:51 PM
I've no need for the reduced-cap cases, but I'll offer $30 for the full-cap cases.

Mike M
03-25-2012, 02:06 PM
I'll keep that in mind Mike.
For now, I would prefer to sell all as one lot .

Blair
03-25-2012, 02:24 PM
Mike M.,

You have offered these up at (what I think is) a great unit price.

I was, however, going to ask you if you would be willing to brake these down in to smaller groupings, like maybe 20 or 30 cases each.?
Reason, is many shooters have found they may not need larger numbers than these in many events. (of course, it doesn't hurt to have more on hand than one may/might need)
Just a thought on my part???

Mike M
03-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Thanks Blair
I think it's a fair price - S&S has new ones at $2.25. Dixie Gun Works looks like they are over $5.00. Don't understand that one.

I've offerd it all as one lot because I like to have a lot of ammo on hand.
There's no worse feeling than to come up to an event and not have enough ammo to practice, shoot singles and then the match itself.

Personal preference.

I saw a post about reduced capacity cartridges not holding 24 g of 3F.

I've never had that problem. These are perfect for that load.

S Myers
03-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Mike,

Sending you a PM.

Sherry Myers

Brownie 12th U.S.
03-26-2012, 02:57 PM
I sent a PM, too.

Jeff "Brownie" Brown

Eggman
03-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Hmmmmm. Mike says S & S has new Maynards for 2.25. I guess so does Lodgewood. But then again there are none in stock, at least not at that price. Dixie has them for 5.00. I wonder how that happened - Mike says he has no idea what that means. Well let's see.
A three-quarter inch/twelve foot brass rod (thickness you need to turn a Maynard) is now running $206 not counting shipping. How did that happen? Something about the Chinese. That makes the brass alone in the Maynard case these days around 1.90. Then you need to set up a turret lathe to make at least four passes on the rod to get a Maynard -- one Maynard. I wonder what a decent turret lathe costs now days?? I wonder what the bits cost? Then you have the machine set up time and operator time. What does a good machinist get paid now days?? Then you have the factory owner. He loves to do production runs of a hundred or so--- NOT. By the way, he expects enough revenue from these Maynards to help pay his utilities, his secretary and himself. No he will do a large production run and hope the vendors are willing to pay the higher prices. A bit of risk here; if they won't pay it he is SCREWED! And Dixie -- they want a profit too. Does that help Mike? Gotta say though your bargain basement prices have made some folks mighty happy.

RaiderANV
03-30-2012, 06:24 PM
Eggs,

We gots plenty of GOD's own reduced .50 Maynard brass in-stock and they're $2.20 each. Anyone need any just call! 262-473-5444

dga749
08-08-2012, 10:21 AM
mike, are these still available for sale.
Denny anders
dga749@hotmail.com
352-751-6292

Bob Elka, 12001
08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Hmmmmm. Mike says S & S has new Maynards for 2.25. I guess so does Lodgewood. But then again there are none in stock, at least not at that price. Dixie has them for 5.00. I wonder how that happened - Mike says he has no idea what that means. Well let's see.
A three-quarter inch/twelve foot brass rod (thickness you need to turn a Maynard) is now running $206 not counting shipping. How did that happen? Something about the Chinese. That makes the brass alone in the Maynard case these days around 1.90. Then you need to set up a turret lathe to make at least four passes on the rod to get a Maynard -- one Maynard. I wonder what a decent turret lathe costs now days?? I wonder what the bits cost? Then you have the machine set up time and operator time. What does a good machinist get paid now days?? Then you have the factory owner. He loves to do production runs of a hundred or so--- NOT. By the way, he expects enough revenue from these Maynards to help pay his utilities, his secretary and himself. No he will do a large production run and hope the vendors are willing to pay the higher prices. A bit of risk here; if they won't pay it he is SCREWED! And Dixie -- they want a profit too. Does that help Mike? Gotta say though your bargain basement prices have made some folks mighty happy. The last time I made a batch it was because I was ordering brass for another job and grabbed me four 12 foot pieces of 3/4" barstock at 30% off. With the discount, without anything for my time I figured them at just under $4 a piece at my minimum shop rate which today is at a loss. That batch was done with my bullet sitting where I wanted it and the cavity holding my load and rim thick ness within a .0005" or so. Some of the early ones I had gotten from Lodgwood were quite uniform and worked well. Subsequent orders from others because of availability were not so uniform hence make my own. Uniform rim thickness is the key as this is what establishes headspace EXTREMELY important with Mod 1 with rear sight independant from barrel......... All I'm saying is that when things dry up and they appear again the higher price is simply gonna be reality.......

Scott Kurki, 12475
08-09-2012, 07:29 AM
I wonder if this is somehow part of the plan to get rid of guns. The EPA is working very hard to eliminate lead from public availability. The price of brass is through the roof. There are attempts to get ammo serialized. I wonder if it is all tied together. Then you have China buying up lead, brass and copper.... humm:eek: