PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Sam's Sutlery quility

Jud96
03-17-2012, 12:08 AM
Has anyone ever purchased or seen any uniforms that Uncle Sam's Sutlery sells. They are reasonably priced and look good in the pics they have on their site but nothing is better than first person experience. So if you know if they are good or bad please leave a reply, thanks.

mwmoore10261
03-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Just went to their website. The economy sack coat and pants might be all right for a starter who wants to spend the money on firearms and not uniforms.
You would still need boots, shirt and leathers. I bought most of my uniform items on eBay. I think I paid about $75.00 each on confederate jean-wool uniforms. Neither uniform was brand new but each had the proper 9 button configuration on the jacket and both had infantry I buttons instead of the csa buttons. No one counts stitches in the N-SSA but I don't think Uncle Sam's Sutlery uniforms would pass too many authentic reeanctor inspections.
most of the economy jackets are unlined, just a thought for early spring and late fall skirmishes.
Mike Moore, 10261V

Jud96
03-25-2012, 07:29 PM
Just went to their website. The economy sack coat and pants might be all right for a starter who wants to spend the money on firearms and not uniforms.
You would still need boots, shirt and leathers. I bought most of my uniform items on eBay. I think I paid about $75.00 each on confederate jean-wool uniforms. Neither uniform was brand new but each had the proper 9 button configuration on the jacket and both had infantry I buttons instead of the csa buttons. No one counts stitches in the N-SSA but I don't think Uncle Sam's Sutlery uniforms would pass too many authentic reeanctor inspections.
most of the economy jackets are unlined, just a thought for early spring and late fall skirmishes.
Mike Moore, 10261V

Thanks for the info, I was looking at their calvary shell jacket and mounted trousers and they looked pretty good so I ordered them.