PDA

View Full Version : Merit iris apertures

pdecarlo
03-11-2012, 07:21 PM
WTB Merit Iris Aperture.The style that sticks to your glasses. Please call 302-858-3041 leave message.

Pat DeCarlo

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
03-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Pat,

Here is where I got mine a few years ago.
http://www.meritcorporation.com/products.html

Scott Kurki, 12475
03-15-2012, 07:07 AM
I don't know if you are aware, but Lyman makes a similar device. The Lyman device is a fix aperature instead of the adjustable aperature like the Merit but costs less than $20.00. The Lyman is available from many sources but I know that S&S has it in their catalog.

John Holland
03-15-2012, 09:11 AM
I prefer the adjustable aperture of the Merit because on dark, overcast, days I can open it up a bit to let in more light. But, if you use one you will want to have it tied fast to the frame of your glasses because just once in awhile it can "pop" off, and it is too expensive to lose!

JDH

gemmer
03-15-2012, 03:48 PM
I prefer the adjustable aperture of the Merit because on dark, overcast, days I can open it up a bit to let in more light. But, if you use one you will want to have it tied fast to the frame of your glasses because just once in awhile it can "pop" off, and it is too expensive to lose!

JDH

Here's my Merit set up. The cup is glued on and safety wired. The screw below the cup is a pivot stop.

Duane

Jim Brady Knap's Battery
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Get a fishing line swivel with a hook on one end and a loop on the other. Attach the loop end to the suction cup screw and when putting the device on your glasses snap the hook end to the cross bar between the lenses your glasses.

Jim Brady
2249V
Knap's Battery

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
03-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Gemmer, I see you have cut away most of the lenses in your eyeglass frames. I would hope that you do something else to protect your eyes. We only get one pair and they are only repairable in a very limited way.

John Holland
03-15-2012, 08:13 PM
I agree with you, Greg. I have my Merit mounted on prescription safety glasses.

John

gemmer
03-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Gemmer, I see you have cut away most of the lenses in your eyeglass frames. I would hope that you do something else to protect your eyes. We only get one pair and they are only repairable in a very limited way.

Perhaps I should have provided more details. The "glasses" shown are safety goggles that fit around/over prescription glasses. The clear plastic is cut away to provide an unobstructed, undistorted view through my prescription lenses. When not needed the eyepiece is out of the way and doesn't create the obstruction that would be present if the cup was stuck on my glasses. This is especially important when I'm hunting, and I don't have to deal with sticking the thing on prior to going into the woods.

Duane

Steve Sharpe 0236
04-09-2012, 07:55 PM
S&S carries them in their catalog, page 67 Item #SA-157 $65 plus whatever shipping. I found mine on EBay