PDA

View Full Version : Starr Carbine Serial Number

Kenneth L. Walters
03-01-2012, 10:30 AM
Where on the Starr did they put the serial number? Mine is so browned over that I can not find it so knowing where to look might help.

kwag0519
03-01-2012, 06:22 PM
Ken,

When you pull the trigger guard down/forward to open the breech, mine is stamped vertically on the right side of the breech block after it drops down.

Keith Wagner

Kenneth L. Walters
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
but I was trying to find one on the barrel or side of the frame.

Jim Wimbish, 10395
03-02-2012, 10:52 AM
The serial number is also on the bottom of the barrel and you must remove the forestock to see it. There may a number on the receiver somewhere, but I'm not going to disassemble the gun to look for it. Perhaps someone else has taken their Starr apart and found a number on the receiver in a hidden spot. I expect that there is one somewhere.

Kenneth L. Walters
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
The serial number is also on the bottom of the barrel and you must remove the forestock to see it. There may a number on the receiver somewhere, but I'm not going to disassemble the gun to look for it. Perhaps someone else has taken their Starr apart and found a number on the receiver in a hidden spot. I expect that there is one somewhere.

That's very helpful. Thanks!

Frank Ford Arsenal
06-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Starr stamped serial numbers Under the Tang, Under the handguard & on the side of the Breech block wedge. I have 2 Carbines and can't find SN's anywhere else. 1865 Rimfire copied the 59 Percussion.