PDA

View Full Version : Armi Sport 1862 CS Richmond Rear Sight Screw

byronw999
02-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Hey all

Does anyone know what size/thread the rear sight screw is for this gun? I bought the rifle last week. Rear sight was loose... Upon closer inspection someone had used a punch I guess to beat/tighten the screw... Screw is bent a bit and threads into the barrell are a little messed up. I want to get the correct size tap and try to clean out the threads... Any leads on where to get a new screw would also be appreciated... I've googled till my eyes are ready to bleed...

Thanks in advance!

Muley Gil
02-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Check with Dixie Gun Works. They may have a tap.

Be aware that this is probably a metric tap. You might want to find a suitable screw and go with a slightly larger English thread pitch.

Rebel Dave
02-26-2012, 12:14 PM
Some times these screws are to long, and bottom out in the whole, before the sight is tight. if thats the case, shorten the screw with a file, till it dosn't bottom out. As stated it is probably metric.

Another solution is to silver solder the sight on.

Rebel Dave aka barracudadave67 aka Dave C.

John Holland
02-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Taylor's & Co. is the importer for ArmiSport, have you contacted them about the screw you need?

JDH

byronw999
02-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Thanks all, Yes I found them on the Taylors site as someone here had PM'd me about

mb3
03-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Not exactly sure but I recall my threads were a little messed up and I think I dressed them up with a 6-32 tap. What ever size it should have been, the 6-32 worked well and I have had no other issues with my sight for the past two years.