PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced Offering

Eggman
02-14-2012, 08:27 PM
I was thinking that guns, accoutrements, etc., are not necessarily that exciting to read about. The challenge is always how to get a potential buyer excited about your item. I thought maybe I'd review with our forum readers the listing for my Sharps carbine from some years back to perhaps nurture some ideas. This was it:

"For Sale: Sharps Carbine. From the warm, moist, mountainous, volcanic land of Donetello and Buonarroti, of da Vinci and Titian, of Bellini and Raphael, comes another work of fine Italian artestry and master craftsmanship from the decendents of these same heros of antiquity, this same Sharps carbine, of modern manufactury of course, that was used by Sidney Johnston in his hunt for the wiley Mormons of Utah, by Ossowattamie Brown in his Harpers Ferry quest to free the slaves of Pennsylvania, by John Pope in his 1863 campaign to drive Little Hiawatha and his swim-mate Running Deer from the serene shores of Lake Gitchie Goomie once and for all, and on top of all were the numerous instances, time after time, during the great Civil War, when Union cavalrymen found themselves in dire straits and in such circumstances they were forced to violently hurl their Sharps carbines at rampaging Confederates, and soon after found these same Sharps carbines coming hurling back, launched by these same Confederates. Does not include cylinder removal tool.

bobanderson
02-15-2012, 07:40 AM
Not a word about smoke 'n thunder, or any of those other things like caliber, sights, etc.

Heck, the only Italian word I'd like to read in an add about a firearm is "patina". (That's Italian, ain't it?)

I think I'll keep both of my cards (N-SSA and "Man") and pass on a gun with an advertisement like that.

norman horne, 12321
02-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Some of you folks might think Egg's jabs at Sharps firearms are general in nature, but I can tell you factually that there is one Sharps carbine belonging to one of his teammates, that is his proverbial "thorn in the side". See if you can get him to reveal his carbine hit time for last year compared to that of his "nemisis" teammates!

It's O.K. Eggman. Keep on trying; I'll keep the carrott dangling! JFI, I'm beginning to gain some insight on where that "Eggman" nickname might have come from(something to do with "face" comes to mind).

Looking forward to a new season, Friend! See you in a few weeks.

Lou Lou Lou
02-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Why can't everyone just get along with each other

Eggman
02-15-2012, 11:04 AM
Well the way it works Lou is Norm brings that Sharps of his to the line next to me and furiously breaks targets as fast as he can with it, including some of mine sometimes, and the Blues end up winning another gold.

Lou Lou Lou
02-15-2012, 05:22 PM
I knew that! The issue is you whining about him out shooting you. I'l give you $100 for your Maynard.

Muley Gil
02-15-2012, 08:47 PM
"by Ossowattamie Brown in his Harpers Ferry quest to free the slaves of Pennsylvania"

Gee, I thought old JB was trying to rile up the slaves in Virginia and Maryland, not Pennsy.

Eggman
02-16-2012, 12:06 AM
I get all my historical information from Jovita Moore of WSB-TV in Atlanta. Apparently there were a number of slaveholding states we weren't aware of including my home state of Iowa.

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
02-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Egg,

Several of us in the 110th are coming down for the April Fools shoot. Look out, I hear some of shoot Sharps.

Michael Bodner
02-17-2012, 12:05 PM
Greg,

Don't wait until April 1. Come on down for the Donnybrook St. Pat's shoot on Marc 16-18 !!!

-Bootsie