PDA

View Full Version : Custom Fayetteville rifle build

Fauch125
02-14-2012, 05:50 PM
I'm putting the finishing touches on a Fayetteville custom skirmish rifle I started over a year ago. I'm interested in having the lockplate and hammer color case hardened. As a minor detail, I'd also like to have the buttplate stamped C.S.A. (not trying to pass the buttplate as original, just thought it would be cool to have the markings). Anyone have a recomendation, experience with a gunsmith who could do these things?
Also, about a year ago when I first started gathering information for this project, someone provided the instructions for a lacquered brown barrel, using dragon's blood and shellac. I foolishly did not make a hard copy, as I figured I could just search the site when the time came to do the barrel. When the BB was updated, this info was lost. Does anyone have the recipe and instructions for its application? I've done a websearch, but the lacquer browning process does not appear to have made it digitally into the 21st century. Would be greatful for the benefit of someone's experience with the process.
Please respond to the thread, pm me, or e-mail me at jonathan.faucher@verizon.net.
Thanks,
Jon
4th Va Inf EN region

GPM
02-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Sent you an e-mail Jon.