PDA

View Full Version : Free Crisco

Eggman
01-31-2012, 03:27 PM
My wife just finished a major purge of the pantry which resulted in a surplfage of old Crisco bricks. There is really more here than I can use even though I use it in two carbines as well as the revolver. So therefore I am offering free rancid Crisco to any N-SSA members needful of lubricant. I will tote it along to the spring national where it will be available at the Iredell Blues campsite Thursday or after, just left of the bridge.

Maillemaker
01-31-2012, 05:00 PM
I clicked on this thinking some dude was in jail. :)

Lou Lou Lou
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
We can but dream.

Eggman
02-01-2012, 02:06 PM
Yo Lou. I sure hope you're not dreaming about ME in the hoosgow. I got called in for questioning a few times in my youth but was never put behind bars though.
Not so with my great uncle Tunis, Lou. Back in the wild and wooly days of Yankton, Dakota Territory, back around 1878, Tunis was hauled in for shooting the town marshall. Tunis had been operating a dray wagon in town, and one day the marshall hauled him in for not having the proper city permit. The dray wagon and team were seized and turned over to the marshall's brother-in-law. Well Tunis spent a few days pondering the injustice of this, and then walked up to the marshall and shot him dead.
This created a great sensation in Yankton, a town with a long tradition of hosing visitors (still a strong tradition today). The territorial governor feared a lynching and ordered the trial moved to the nearby town of Spink. This was probably fortunate for my great uncle as Spinkites have always had it in for the Yanktonites.
At the trial an insanity defense was offered. The defense counsel stated that no sane man would ever have walked up to the marshall and stood face to face and shot him point blank in the chest like Tunis did. A sane man would have shot him in the back.
Testimony was also given that after the shooting Tunis zig-zagged back and forth across the street in a crazy manor. The evidence was deemed sufficient proving enough insanity and Tunis was acquitted.

bilge water bob
02-02-2012, 05:46 AM
So, does that imply the crisco in question is "used"? How lonely can you get in three days?

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
02-02-2012, 06:30 AM
Is it "butter flavored" Crisco, or just regular. Neither lubes better than the other, but I really get hungry for a stack of flapjacks after shooting with the butter flavored Crisco...

Cabin fever has struck,

Eggman
02-02-2012, 12:05 PM
I checked the Crisco bricks and they're all the regular kind. I've noticed when I open these there is kind of a yellow color, but I don't think it has anything to do with butter.
I'll say this about the bricks, they are all stamped "Use within six months after opening." None of these bricks have been opened, but they don't seem to have that lilly white color and clean, clear aroma the bricks have when bought fresh. I'm not sure how old these bricks are, but there was a can of pork & beans next to them with an Oct 92 expiration date.
I have never gotten the urge to eat pancakes when using this lube. Rather it reminds me more along the lines of four day old road kill which doesn't make me hungry at all.
But again this is and excellent lube for your barrel less the somewhat undesirable odor.

bobanderson
02-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Maybe if we use '92 Crisco, we'll shoot like we did 20 years ago...

Gary Van Kauwenbergh, 101
02-03-2012, 06:27 AM
Don't throw it out! Watch this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/02/64-year-old-tub-of-lard-hans-feldmeier_n_1250766.html