PDA

View Full Version : Rear Peep on Zouave

oscarlovel
01-16-2012, 09:26 AM
Guess age is catching up with me. Having a very hard time maintaining a consistent sight picture with the rear notch on my Zouave. Need to bite the bullet and drill a peep on my rear sight blade. Can anyone give me an idea of how best to proceed with this? I already have a tall front site installed by Bob Hoyt. Am trying to build my load before worrying about fine sight adjustments, but need a good sight picture to shoot groups.

George Gompf
01-16-2012, 02:19 PM
I make a drill guide/peep sight that is just what you need. It attaches to the rear sight base on the musket and is adjustable for windage and elevation. It is essentially a peep sight. When you get sighted in, the eye piece is a drill guide and allows you to accurately mark and drill your sight leaf in the correct location. I have had others use this just for load development but it is intended as a tool to locate the correct spot for drilling the rear leaf. Price is $103.00 including shipping. It is made of stainless steel and the eye piece/drill guide is designed to be large enough to function correctly when mounted on the rear sight base. It will work on everything from 1816 H&P's through the 1855 and 1860's models. I have used it on almost all models of muskets both original and repro. It also attached to many carbine sights as well. If interested let me know.

George Gompf
tnmolds@gmail.com
FEC

MR. GADGET
01-17-2012, 01:37 PM
And they Work......