PDA

View Full Version : SAC Research Request, CVA Revolvers

John Holland
01-13-2012, 03:54 PM
In an effort to make the Approved Arms List more complete, and more "User Friendly", we are attempting to fill in some gaps we have in regards to in missing information.

We do not have any documentation as to which manufacturer actually made the CVA Colt 1847 Walker, and the CVA Colt 1860 Army.

We have been in contact with CVA, who unfortunately could not provide any information as to which company/companies they had contracted with for the revolvers in question.

If anyone has access to either of these revolvers, the Small Arms Committee would appreciate knowing who the actual manufacturers were.

Thank you.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

Ron/The Old Reb
01-14-2012, 08:03 AM
John
I have three CVA revolvers none are Walkers or 1860 Colts. But they are marked A.S.M. Might be who made all of CVA's revolvers.

John Holland
01-14-2012, 09:29 AM
Thank you Ron. Would your examples be Remington NM 1858 revolvers?

John

Maillemaker
01-14-2012, 02:46 PM
I own 2 CVA-marked 1851 Navy pistols in .44 caliber. They are manufactured by Pietta.

Steve

Ron/The Old Reb
01-14-2012, 03:00 PM
John
One is 1851 Colt Navy, one is Colt Wells Fargo, and the other is a New Model Pocket Remington. All market A.S.M.

Ron

bilge water bob
01-15-2012, 09:02 AM
John,

over the years I've owned a few, all brass framed and all produced by pietta, 51' colt navy, nm remington. I was told ASM made all the higher end stuff.

John Holland
01-15-2012, 09:31 AM
I very much appreciate everyone's input.

From the replies we now have a mixture of CVA revolvers made by both Armi San Marco and Pietta. That is why we can't guess about the two revolvers in question.

Still looking for definitive information on the CVA Walker & CVA 1860 Army.

JDH

mike davenport
01-15-2012, 01:55 PM
In an effort to make the Approved Arms List more complete, and more "User Friendly", we are attempting to fill in some gaps we have in regards to in missing information.

We do not have any documentation as to which manufacturer actually made the CVA Colt 1847 Walker, and the CVA Colt 1860 Army.

We have been in contact with CVA, who unfortunately could not provide any information as to which company/companies they had contracted with for the revolvers in question.

If anyone has access to either of these revolvers, the Small Arms Committee would appreciate knowing who the actual manufacturers were.

Thank you.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee
John
I see that there is a CVA walker for sale on Gun Broker by a fellow up in your neck of the woods. Perhaps he can answewr our question
Mike'

John Holland
01-17-2012, 09:22 AM
Thanks Mike, couldn't find it. Must have been pulled or sold.

Still looking!

JDH