PDA

View Full Version : WTS .525 Rpund Ball Molds...market research.

FTrooperAgain
01-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Doing Market Research. Who would be interested in a .525 double cavity round ball mold for $36ppd? This is the proper size round ball for all US .54 military weapons of the 19th century. M1803 Harpers Ferry Rifle, M1817 Common Rifle, M1841 Mississippi Rifle, all .54 horse pistols from the M1805 to the M1843, all Hall's rifles and carbines except the M1836. I need 15 people to make this worth while.

Contact me at FTroopCompany@yahoo.com (please don't send me a message here or to the registered email. That is for "personal" mail the email on this post is for "business"), if your are interested.

Chris Fischer
F-Troop

FTrooperAgain
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
OK, I have 7 confirmed and two maybe's (one is a person generously willing to buy a second to help the project).

Again .525 is the historically correct ball diameter of US 19th century .54 caliber weapons. I know this means less to serious shooters who normally like the tighter fit of the .530, but if you are looking to play with your arms with a leaning towards historically correct ballistics, this may be the only chance to get the right size.

I'd like to know for sure that I have 15 ordered before Jan. 31 as I hate to put this off as my Hall is screaming to be fired!

Chris Fischer
F-Troop