PDA

View Full Version : Carbine for wife

ian45662
01-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Hey guys my wife wants to start shooting this year and I would like for her to try out a few carbines before she decides what she wants. I live in portsmouth ohio which is in the middle of the state as far south as one can go and still be in Ohio. If someone in the area has a maynard or smith that they would not mind letting her try it out I would greatly appreaciate it. Thanks.

Muley Gil
01-10-2012, 08:34 PM
"Carbine for wife (http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/showthread.php?4792-Carbine-for-wife) "

Sounds like a good trade to me!!!!! :D

kowdok
01-12-2012, 01:16 PM
We're not in Ohio - wish we could help - but I would like to make a comment. I (Kowdok's wife) shoot a Maynard and love it too much to switch - BUT - we now have a Sharps, and I don't know that I have ever held a gun that has a better feel, fit, and balance for me! Unless you have a reason for not wanting one, I would add that to the list for her to try. Sure am glad to hear she wants to shoot - it's the most fun I've ever had!! I'm really glad that I shoot with Jim instead of just watching!!

ian45662
01-12-2012, 04:23 PM
I am a big fan of the sharps and that's what I shoot. She has been shooting mine but does not like how heavy it is

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
01-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Ian,
Just tell her all the strong, sexy women shoot the Sharps! Seriously, If you can wait for our first Skirmish, I bet Ronnie Schuessler would let the wife try her Maynard, and if you butter up "Olde Man" Rouch, he might let her try a Smiths.

Mike Rouch 07791
01-12-2012, 06:22 PM
I already made the offer to shoot a smith. He's looking for a maynard to try.

S Myers
01-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Ian-

I've shot an Enfield musketoon and ended up with 2 loose teeth, a Richmond Carbine and didn't like the sights. My Smith and I had such a hate/hate relationship that I quit shooting carbine for almost a decade. This past year, on a lark, I tried a Maynard. Needless to say, it worked. I've had my best year ever shooting carbine and am looking forward to many more with it.

Sherry Myers
CVG

Eggman
01-13-2012, 12:00 PM
It's great to see another Maynard shooter enjoying the pure pleasure accorded by this little carbine. As discussed before, it's really a shame that all members of the Association can't be partaking in this most groovy type of shooting, reaping medals, not having misfires, and on and on, providing you use enough grease. A while back I floated a proposal on the Forum for the Association to purchase Romano Maynards for everybody. On this the members' response was most positive, especially among Sharps shooters. Perhaps it's time to take my proposal to the Board.

Timmeu
01-13-2012, 12:24 PM
HI Ian

My Smith and Maynard barrels are out for relining at this point in time but I should have them back soon. Once I get them zeroed I would be willing to come down and let your Mrs. try them out. I have a lot of family research to do down there so I could do that as well. I will let you know.

Marty Richards

ian45662
01-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Thanks a lot Marty I would also be willing to drive up your way. Greg I have told her the benifits of shooting the sharps but I have not been able to get through to her yet but I'm not done.